Chapter Ten

I found myself completely lost in the depths of the swirling green irises of the silver best.captured once again by his alluring beauty and his mysterious aura I found myself in a world that only consisted of us.

The beta wolf was lost to my mind as I remained captured in the puzzle of the same wolf i'd swore to never trust again. In this moment everything around me was gone as the beast effortlessly knocked down the walls I built around my heart.

My own curiosity intensified by the minute I wanted to know who he was ,where he came from, his name ,his troubles ,his life. I tilted my  head and looked harder trying to find the answers to my questions within his mesmerising eyes .

My unbearable anxiety was gone replaced with complete serenity within me caused by the same creature who had hurt me once already. My blind faith in the silver wolf was undoubtedly the most foolish I've ever been .It didn't matter though because I still stood vulnerable against the magnificent beast that was twice my saviour and once my enemy.

Before long the full pain in my head fired up like every other time I'd encountered a stare down with the wolf. Within seconds it became to intense for me to see straight with dot dancing in my vision. The only Audible sound I could hear was the gentle thud and eco of words .

Pushing my hands to my head I squeezed them against my temples trying desperately to stop the pain. Although it was as unbearable as the first time it was definitely worse than the second. Moment past but it felt as though hours had before it finally began to ease.

Opening my eyes the first thing I saw was a blurry looking man who I could only assume was beta colby. He was knelt in front of me as I perched on my knees. At some point i ended up on the ground when I wasnt entirely sure.

Looking at face the of the young man before me I couldn't help but to take in his beautiful features. Still not in my right mind I looked into the deep ocean eyes of the beta. Taking in his vibrant olive skin and his messy dirty blond hair. Stubble graced his face making him seem older if I wasn't so close i would of probably of believed he was in his late twenties.

My eye roamed over his full pink lips that's when I realised he was talking . Slowly coming out of my trance I shook my head trying to regain my senses until I heard the voice of the beta.

"Breya are you alright?"

Briefly nodding my head I turned my gaze to the forests opening looking for the silver wolf. I came up short when I realised he was no longer there.

"He was right there "

I all but mumbled the gentle hand placed on my shoulder made me jump in  surprise.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you .who was where ?"

The confused voice of the beta made me question my sanity a little ,maybe I'd imagined the silver beast .there was a part of me though that was convinced he was there.

"I'm sorry if today was to much to handle breya maybe we can talk tomorrow instead ?"

I was about to nodd in agreement before I remembered what alpha had said about me going away.

"I'm sorry beta ...

" don't worry about your alpha I've already arranged it he has put a hold on your ...

He paused for a moment and I could of sworn I heard question in his voice .

"Trip for the time being that gives us plenty of time to become properly aquanted "

Giving a small smile to the beta who returned it back with a small one of his own . I realised I was looking directly at him and he wasn't even slightly annoyed . Questions again hit me in waves as I wondered why? My thought we're very quickly forgotten when the beta let out Ferrell growls.

My gaze instantly met the floor while he continued to growl it wasn't until jacksons cocky voice met my ears that I realised why.

"No need for that colby I've only stopped by to say hello and collect the girl"

"Beta colby to you runt"

The Ferrell growl  mixed into the betas world's sent shivers up and down my body .I felt the unbearable tension in th air ,I nearly jumped at the use of the word runt. Jackson only got cockier though making my nerves feel like the we're going to explode within me. Walking closer to me Jackson stood to the side of me while he spoke.

"Runt huh interesting word ,wouldn't you agree breya?"

I felt his body sliver across mine as he brushed past me the beta seemed enraged as he came to stand next to me.

"My alpha wants the girl back at the pack house beta..

He was trying to provoke him but why ? It made no sense none of this did .I never thought I'd wish to be back in my hut but right now id rather be withering away alone than here .

" She needs her rest after all"

The beta seemed to clock on to Jackson's baiting as he spoke bemusely.

"Don't worry I was about to escort her back"

"I think beta would prefer to come with me ,she's had to deal with you for the last hour or so already."

You could hear the desperation in jacksoms voice as he spoke ,I understood what was happening quickly alpha wanted to take me away and the only way he could do that was to get me away from the beta.

"How about you join us then mutt considering we're going to the same place? Come breya we wouldn't want to keep your alpha waiting much longer"

Letting out a growl Jackson stormed in front of us angrily bumping into my side. My unhealed ribs screamed in protest as I fell straight into the beta. Swiftly catching me it took everything in me not to scream from the pain of him touching my injured body. Quickly regaining my balance I breathlessly began to apologise to the beta. I was complete an utterly shocked that the betas anger was targeted at not me but Jackson as his wolfish  shouts echoed around the quiet river banks.

" I beta colby of the royal pack challenge you Jackson Harris next in line for beta of the mountain ash pack"

A deafening silence surrounded us as the betas voice fizzled into nothingness and the sounds of Jacksons retreating steps stopped.My heart had inconveniently began pumping faster as my breath caught in my thraot. I didn't understand what was happening and I couldn't bare to think of the outcome. My heart just about stopped when Jackson spoke next.

"I Jackson Harris future beta of mountain ash pack accept your challenge ...

His voice turned almost amused as he spoke the last part of his challenge speech.

" beta colby of the royal pack "