Chapter Twenty Six

Overwhelmed was a feeling I wasn't used to. Not able to describe the feelings soaring through me. No one had ever told me I was worth anything or even views me as anything than an object. The small smile that graced my lips was a welcomed gift for this moment.

The growl of the silver beast cut of the growls of the grey and white wolf. Snapping his head towards where the silver beast was. Before I or the grey and white wolf could blink the sandy furred wolf of the beta had ripped the grey and white wolf of me. Throwing him into a nearby tree. Yelps filtered around the air as threatening growls sent shivers down my body.

"breya go to wolf"

The betas wolf stood firmly in front of me blocking me from the beast who had me pinned. Pushing myself to stand was proven harder considering the searing pain in my ribs. Making it difficult to breath. Finally I stood hunched as I stook gentle steps towards the silver wolf. Hiding between the branches his swirling iris is we're my beakon of light as I followed them through the darkening forest.

The silver wolf had gently lowered himself to the ground a command I understood. Gently I placed my hands beneath his fur as I attempted to figure out how I was going to get on with my newly sustained injuries. Closing my eye I took in a deep breath and anticipated the pain I was about to experience.

In one steady jump I all but whimpered at the pain rebelling in my body. Safely on the silver wolfs back he gently lifted himself from the ground.

"I'm sorry breya"

His voice echoed around my head still trying to regain my breath I wondered what he was apologising for until he began to sprint through the forest. Shadows of trees blurred past me as the moon began to rise high in the sky. The cold night air whipping past my frozen cheeks.

Finally slowing the silver beast trotted towards the famoar cave behind the waterfall. Just like before the damp dark cave was lost in darkness. Before long the familiar howl of the wolf echoed around us. The same earthquake feeling made its self known as the entrance to the enchanted place opened.

The beast didn't stop until we were between the branches of the tree. Laying his body down he allowed me to slide of him. My back all but rested against the side of the silver wolf. My whole body was coming down from the extreme adrenaline that had cursed through me not to long ago . Gratitude seemed to be the feeling gripping me as I allowed myself to be in the moment.

"thankyou"

"you don't owe me any thanks, I'm sorry this happened we should of seen it...

" no, you shouldn't have I've known alpha all my life he is the  master of tricks his cruelty knows no boundaries
"

Silence wrapped around us in a comfortable blanket. Allowing us a moments peace. I didn't like that wolf felt guilt towards what happened today. He all but saved me from a fate I dared even think about. For so long I've suffered by the claws of alpha without a single soul caring about me, let alone saving me. Deeming me worthy enough to defend. I figured I owed him comfort, he didn't deserve to carry guilt for a true monster.

"all my life alpha has toyed with me, being human makes me his perfect prey. His games, tricks and ice cold soul are almost genius. Whatever he had planned today is no different to everything else he has put me through."

Raw honesty poured through my mind. I hoped I had gotten across he or the the beta wernt at fault in any way. I felt so vulnerable just sharing that small detail of my life, apart I'm certain he knows of. But saying it and n knowing someone else is listening is scarier than anything I've done.

"
" tell me something about you breya, somthing no-one else knows "

His question surprised me but his hopeful tone made it difficult for me to even think about not sharing something with him. I pondered my mind for something even remotely worth telling in the end j decided to share the only thing sacred to me. My dreams.

"when I'm left alone in my hut, which is often I pretend I'm just a normal human living a normal human life. Not that I'm sure what exactly that is..

A small laugh left my lips as u though about my silly fabrications.

" I don't know maybe it's silly but just being able to read a book outside, on a blanket surrounded by flowers and a lake, sandwiches and juice in a basket as I soak up the sun and enjoy escaping into a different world for a while would be to me somewhat perfect. All my dreams are fairly simple but mostly impossible ".

" i don't think that's silly I think that's perfect "

There was a certain warmth to his tone that made me feel light. Almost hopeful for my future as he reassured me my dreams were ok.

" what about you wolf? What's something noone knows about you? "

I was a little hesitant to ask but my burning curiosity got the best of me. Everytime I'd been with wolf he entrapped me into a secure trance. Making me want to figure him out.

"tell anyone this and I will dney it, I could be in a room full of people and still I feel this unbearable loneliness, I've searched high and low for my mate but I'm starting to think she isn't out there. Both me and my wolf feel the empty place reserved for her "

It pulled at every part of my heart, I didn't expect him to tell me something so true, so private and genuine. To think he feels this way saddens me to my very core. I've known loneliness my whole life its not something I'd wish on anyone.

We sat like this sharing dreams and thoughts, sharing laughs and truths between each other. I've never felt so free and comfortable in my life, it was then I realised I didn't feel as lonely as I normally do and that was one of the most fulling feelings ever known.

"get some sleep breya, we may be here a while"

"what about beta colby? And alpha"

"don't worry he isn't alone, more of the King's wolves are about to arrive".