Chapter Twenty Five

Trust was something I'm not very good at. I've never had to rely on anyone but myself. Being forced into isolation even as a child proved successful for alpha. I've never had the opportunity to put my faith into someone. Other than Jackson.

When we first met he was hurt,maybe even broken by the loss of his life. But his heart was kind I don't believe that he held any hatred, cruelty or evil in his heart. I believe the new life set out in don't of him forced him to grow cold and resentful. Causing hatred to surround him and evil to grow in his once pure soul.

The strong sure of himself wolf I'd grown so used to knowing was seemingly falling apart before my eyes. He seemed so out of sought he was hardly recognisably. Confused and agitated by something I couldn't quite put my finger on. Regardless I knew it wasn't good for me, the familiar kind pup I once knew had made an appearance but quickly disappeared into the manic wolf currently dragging me through the forest with complete urgency.

I could feel that something wasn't right, he had told me at least that much by the way he was acting. First concern about me, then accusing, to completly dishevelled.

"breya talk to me, what's going on?"

The silver beasts melodic voice entered my head creating instant calmness within me. My mind wondered over what the beast had said to me about us both taking a leap of faith and trusting one another.

Just the thought of trusting him and the beta made me sick to my stomach and anxiety to curse through me. Trustong them meant relying on them and that was hard to accept. But my options were wearing thin as Jackson kept going strong in his mission to get to the pack house. Before I could change my mind I quickly responded to the beast.

'somethings wrong, Jackson is trying to get us back to the pack house he seems... Panicked "

I had no idea if that was the right word, or if I'd managed to get across to him what I had intended. I'm not even sure I knew what it was I was attempting to tell him. I was completely out if my comfort zone.

Normally when I was being dragged or hurt or tormented I was alone. The only person I could talk to or rely on was me. I thought that having someone to back me up, support me and be there for me would feel like the world was finally of my shoulders.

As.it stands that was far from how I felt. I felt awkward, unsure and doubtful. Rather than feeling the benefits from the somewhat security of having someone to express my concerns to I felt mostly perfeteic.

Crying for help from the same creatures I had known to be nothing but cruel was like reading a book backwards. Everything seemed wrong, but I had no other choice it was either I really do trust them and work with them or I don't. I couldn't just pick and choose.

"it's an ambush, fucking Larsen was baiting me. I'm sorry breya I should of seen this. I'm on my way"

The growl that left the beta was enough to confirm how frustrated he was with himself. Making me feel at ease a little. Until Jackson all but skidded to a stop I all but got whiplash from the blunt force.

Growls began to erupt from Jackson as he slowly walked in a circle keeping a firm grip of me. The growls were returned by a more than a few. Emerging from the leafless branches wolves low and teeth bared.

It took me a moment to realise that these were pack wolves. Jackson warning of having to get me back seemed to at the forefront of my mind. They were trying to take me alpha had devised some kind of plan to remove me like he had wanted to days ago.

Whu was Jackson trying to stop them doing that? He was obviously apart of the plan so why change his mind?. I wasn't sure if he was just a convincing actor or if he was genuine. Either way my mind was ready to explode. Feeling like a rag doll turn between beast.

"were surrounded by pack wolves, Jacksons I think is defending me"

I opened my mind and let thoughts travel to the beta and the silver beast. Hoping thier intention were as true as they stated. Jackson pulled me flush against him moving his lips to my ear he whispered.

"I'm sorry breya, for everything I won't use excuses because you deserve more than that. I just hope you can forgive me. When I say run you need to run towards the hut ok?"

I had no idea what he was doing or why but worry engulfed me as I slowly nodded my head. Adrenaline began cursing through my whole being in anticipation of what was happening. Slowly Jackson pulled me behind him as the wolves snarls and growls became more violent.

"now breya"

Slowly I began to walk backwards watching as Jackson was ambushed by the wolves. Panicked settled in and my instinct was to help him, until the scream mixed into a roar was sounded around above all the growls.

His clothes shred tearing of the wolves as they were flung into the forest behind us, his dark brown beast now in his places, his huge head slowly turning to me giving me a nod of reassurance. I turned and ran.

My sore aching legs protesting against me as my feet beat across the forest floor. I ran as fast a smy fragile body would allow my heart pumping in my chest. The sounds of growls behind me made me only more determined. I was naive enough to think I'd out run whoever it was but I was not going to just give up.

I felt my body be dragged to the grown with so. Much force I felt my ribs crack. Winded by the pain I clutched my sore ribs using everything in me to turn onto my back. The white and grey wolf was baring his teeth as he stalked me his prey. Taking slow steady Stepps toward me until a paw rest against my chest. His sharp fangs bared in front of my face, I turned my head away not wanting to see the monster above me.

Through the branches I seen the bright green orbs that brought me comfort forgetting for a moment where I was and what was happening. Realising quickly snapped me out of my dreams and the spell that usually trapped us.

"don't"

Was all I could muster I didn't know who he was but I knew it was important for him to remain in the shadows until the time was right. I saw him take a step forward and again.

"stop, don't its ok don't ruin bringing him to justice. I'm not worth that"

He stopped in his tracks before he let out a growl.

"yes you are"