Chapter Six

For as long as I can remember the orphanage had been my 'home'. Home was supposed to be safe. A sanctuary to retreat to . This was never that place for me. Yet it was the only place I had ever knew.

The young pups thst came here were always quickly adopted into a new  family. They were never here longer than a few weeks. It didn't make me bitter like the alpha wanted, it actually made my heart swell with happiness for them.

Alphas attempts to use the fact the pups got a second chance at a happy family life were futile. Because they had endured more than I ever did. The loss of thier families. Each night was the same you could hear the small cries of pain and sorrow echo around the old orphanages walls.

Whispers of whimpers filling my ears heart and soul. Surrounding me in a blanket of their grief. I had never known love I had never had anither being there for me who I loved. I never lost anything, where they ahd lost everything.

The life they knew and the people they loved. The people they found a home in and were there entire life. Now gone they had to live with that new reality everyday. I had never lost anyone or anything but it sounded unbelievably painful.

Alpha never knew I could hear their cries and pleas. There prayers to the sky for their loved ones back. So his plan to turn me bitter just like him were never going to work. Because I heard the reality of the truth every night with each new pup that came here.

Each cry would make my heart clench so when they would be taken in by a new family, I hoped they were able to find happiness and belonging once again. I wasn't allowed to talk to the pups nor were they allowed to talk to me.

But if I could the only thing I would wish more than anything to say to them is 'I hear you'.

The sounds of beeping brought me out of my slumber. Squinting my eyes I tried to open them but quickly realised that was a bad idea. Slowly I allowed my eyes to adjust to the light of the room. Before taking in the packs hospital. I hadn't been here in a while.

Once my thoughts fluttered to the last thing I remember before waking up I quickly shot up on the bed. The silver beast, the tree and the chains. The cave and the fire. How did I end up here? My eyes widened in fear the pack they were close they know I escaped.

The warm touch of a hand on my shoulder made me shudder in fear. Not daring to to turn to see who the hand belong to I waited for the familiar voice of the alpha.

" breya is it?"

The unfamiliar voice that spoke took me by surprise but I stayed sat up with my head bowed. Slightly nodding in response. The gentle voice of the strange man filled my ears again.

"I'm sorry to meet you like this, it was a truly terrible thing that happened to you"

If I wasn't confused before I am now. But still no sound left my lips I jsut let him continue.

"rouges are senseless creatures but to attack a defenceless human is beneath even them"

My brain was seriously starting to explode what rouges?. The man walked around the bed to sit on the chair beside me.

"sorry to ramble on about things you are not yet ready to discuss my name is Coleby and I am the beta of the Royal pack"

His huge hand stretched out in front of me I heistiently shook his hand before the door of the room burst open. The all familiar voice of my monster stung my ears.

"Beta Coleby Im sure breya needs her rest after the ordeal she has been through maybe we could talk in my office and let the poor girl regain her strength".

There seemed to be a thick tension in the air. I could tell by the tone of alphas voice he wasn't impressed with the beta talking with me alone. The sound of laughter broke my thoughts as beta Coleby stood to his feet.

"alpha Larsen I don't believe we have much left to discuss at this time, perhaps we should ask breya what she wants to do? I don't know about you but I'd rather have your little rouge problem solved sooner rather than later?"

You could hear the underlying tone of the betas voice as he spoke gone with the soft gentle tone he used with me. Now a firm voice in its place, it actually made me flinch a little. I had no idea how to act so I remained in my position waiting. As if senseing my unease the beta spoke again.

"I will return in an hour breya to continue our conversation if you don't mind of course ?"

Unsure if he was asking me or alpha I remained still and quiet trying my hardest to be as invisible as possible. I was no wolf but I could feel the tention, the power in the air.

" not at..

The beta cut alphas sentence of as he pointed out who he was actually referring to.

" how about it breya? An hour long enough to freshen up a little? "

Shocked at the utter disrespect he was showing alpha I blindly nodded to his suggestion. I'd never once heard anyone go against alpha, I can't lie it made a part of me feel elited that someone put there had no fears against him.

" great, then that's settled alpha Larsen I expect your full cooperation once I've spoken with breya?"

Alpha did nothing more than growl in displeasure. Clearly he couldn't go against the beta which had my curious mind bubbling with questions.

Once I was left alone I let my thoughts go back to the silver wolf. He had saved my life twice, yet he caused me to fall. None of it made any sense to me.

Ever since I first met I've felt a shift in everything. Something felt different but I couldn't quite put my fi her on it. But I was almost certain that nothing was going to be the same again.