Chapter Forty Four

Beta colby

Everything seemed to freeze as realisation dawned on me. I couldn't move speak or comprehend the weight of his words. I had allowed my shock of finding out that Breya is one of us cloud my mind, without looking at the bigger picture or asking the important questions.

Why would he tell us?

What did he have to gain?

I'd let it slip past me the obvious signs, the message was clear and my stomach turned as I confirmed my suspicion.

"Asher?... Asher answer me!"

Silence, dread filled me my face surely paling. My feet seemed to move of there own accord as I raced out of the prison, praying to the moon that I wasn't to late.

Barging through the doors of the hospital I sped through to halls to her room. I felt sick when I seen finn knocked out I knew he had been poisoned because I couldn't smell him. I gulp back as I shoved her door open.

Rage, despair and failure captured me as I took in the scene before me, ashers body was limply lay on the ground unconscious from the poison. Breya? Breya was gone.

My wolf was quickly present both of us united in our fury. Growling commands for nurses to help our friends. Steaming out of the hospital my clothes split as my wolf forced himself free, as soon as my paws replaced my feet we tipped our head to the sky, and howled our harrowing cry to our pack, to our king.

Within minutes my pack was kneeling before me. A gesture of respect, understanding and dedication. In our moment of need I felt pride swell inside me my beast grumbling in appreciattion.

"willow, Evan, Mason and cora I want you here, willow work with cora I want to know how they took her and drugged two of our pack members right under our noses... Evan, Mason you are to protect our pack disband any issues with Larsen or other members of the pack.. Since the council has issued for our return they won't be to pleased about us still being here, if Asher and finn wake up I want to know "

I paused for moment as they growled in approval at my command. Leaving me with only a handful of pack members left.

"Jamie, Ivy I want you to search every inch of this territory see if you can find any trace of them, leo your with me"

They all began to leave so they could shift only Ivy standing before me.

"Beta, myself and nova have leads on the pups and how the alpha did it you will be interested to know that beta Harris is our ally"

With thst she walked away, giving me time to process her words. Beta Harris is our ally was he the one that tipped the council of allowing us to come here? I couldn't think about that now I had to find Breya while everything was still fresh. I would have to deal with the council later.

"colby I'm going to search the remote areas of the territory. If you find anything I want to know!"

Wolf's hard vocie quickly commanded his wolf on the verge of complete control. Adrenaline cursed through me as my pack emerged from the trees each in their wolf form.

This was going to be difficult since she had no scent thanks to a lifetime of being poisoned, I knew though that our King, as well as my wolf and me wouldn't rest until she was found safe.

I knew exactly where to look first and who I needed to speak to. Beta Harris.
Maybe he could shed some light on where his son was while we were there. I just hoped Larsen wasn't around. Sniffing the air I scented the beta quickly.

I found it odd that he was in the direction of the forest, I figured since he had freed his alpha he would be by his side. Soon me and Leo arrived where the beta was. Sat on broken tree he seemed calm mostly distracted as he stayed silent despite our arrival.

Shifting into my human form I was surprised when he turned to face me throwing shorts in my direction. Confused because it was almost like he expected us. I felt caution arise with in me as I remained expressionless.

"Beta Harris?"

He sighed before his head bowed down in what seemed like shame.

"I thought I'd be helping my son by informing you about the human girl, that maybe the royal pack would free my own from my alphas clutches"

He turned away from us as pain shot through his features at the mention of his son 'Jackson'.

"where is he?"

I questioned gently he seemed like a decent wolf that was just imprisoned by a vicious alpha.

"I don't know, I know He is alive but I can't sense him, alpha didn't kill him he felt that my loyalty needed an insurance policy so he took him."

"why are you helping us then?"

I had to ask, if his son was being held captive his only reassurance was to be loyal to Larsen. He faced me with a look of anger and pain swirling in his eyes.

"I'm no fool Beta colby, he will kill him anyway I'm not naive enough to believe he has a forgiving heart. My son helped the human he betrayed my alpha and went against his command to capture her.. My son is no Saint Beta but he has a good heart his life has been full of torment, I couldn't bare to watch it continue...

He paused for a moment as his words caught in his throat sitting back on the tree his held his head in his hands I couldn't help but notice he referred to Breya as human, does thst mean he didn't know?.

"I lost my mate by my alphas cruel hand, I was dead inside and had no reason to live anymore, alpha had told me of his plan for Jackson when he arrived to our pack for him to be my son. I cared little for his words and schemes, but when I adopted him my wolf stirred within me for the first time..

I finished the sentence of for him noting how hard this was for him to say.

"your wolf accepted him as his own didn't he?"

Nodding at my statment he continued.

"I was all to aware of the awful plans alpha was capable of I'd suffered because of them, but myself and my wolf couldn't watch our pup be dragged down the same road, I watched as the light that was once in my boys eyes dimmed.  It took years for alpha to trust me enough to release me from his alpha command . Then finally I was able to get a message to the royal pack. I knew that harboring the human girl was a crime thst couldn't be ignored. You would have to come and see it for yourselves "

I don't think I've ever respected a wolf as much as I did in this moment. Larsen was cause for alot of people's suffering and I wouldn't allow it to continue even if thst meant going against the council.

" were going to help you Harris, and were going to save your son, Breya and the pups"

A single tear slipped down the betas cheek like my words were his only shed of hope but I meant them we were going to save them all and rid this world of Larsen. I felt our Kings precence as I gazed between the branches, as did the beta and Leo.

Instantly Beta Harris kneeled before him a sign of respect and submission. Our King surprised us all when he bowed his head in respect of the beta. I knelt before the beta to following my Kings lead as Leo bowed his head to. All of us recognising the true alpha of the moonrise pack.

He stood in shock as he witnessed our display of acceptance a pleasant smile gracing his lips as he took in this moment. We could feel it as his aura displayed his true power his wolf finally breaking through the block of years of pain from loosing a mate. With the upmost gratitude I'd ever witnessed he spoke.

"thankyou"