Chapter Twenty Nine

Breya pv

My mind and heart were completely conflicted. Hope and doubt filled me at the same time making it more difficult for me think straight. I had witnessed and experienced the extent of cruelty wolves could go to my entire life. The proof was engraved in my body and scared in my mind.

My conflict arised when my eyes opened and I sighed in absolute content with my body entangled with the fur of the silver beast. Rested and rejuvenated from my clearly undisturbed sleep.

I was beggining to see a regular pattern of first times ever since I first met the majestic creature in the forest. Like last night falling asleep with happiness roaming my whole body maybe even a jolt of excitement.

Sharing my most valued possession with another being seemed to bring it to life. Just by talking about them I felt my hope for them to be a possibility begin to ignite. Never did I think I'd willing share that part of myself allowing myself to be exposed and vulnerable.

Not even alpha could taint my minds imaginative creations and he controlled every aspect of my life up until now. At first I was nervous and unsure but for a reason I have yet to find or understand I felt secure enough to share my dreams with wolf.

His responses only fueld me into sharing more, what I didn't expect though was for him to share parts of himself with me. I don't know how but a part of me knew he also kept his dreams guarded. When he stared I didn't want him to stop I burning desire to find out more about him encouraged me to seek more from him.

I couldn't help the smile that began to form on my lips as my mind retraced the night before. Even with my head telling me to stop and not be fooled by a shirt game of story telling,and my heart telling me to embrace the moment and the happiness thst came from it.

I wasn't yet ready to trust the silver beast or the beta but I was using more energy holding my walls up than keeping them down. I found that the more time I spent with either of them I would find more questions and my interest in to finding the answers was becoming more than I could handle.

So many things just didn't make sense,

why was I so easily calm around them?

Why did I feel this urge to protect them and help them?

Why did the silver wolf seem so familiar to me?

Nothing made sense yet I've never been more at ease. Adjusting my body slightly reminded my body of my most recent injury as the pain winded me momentarily. As my mind wondered how I'd recived my broken ribs I was hit with a more troubling thought.

Jackson, his actions yesterday were beyond incomprehensible I could fathom his change in demeanour. As my mind took me back to Jackson helping me my heart began to accelerate. Yes he played the biggest part along with alpha in why my nightmares exist but I couldn't help the concern I felt for him.

I found myself wondering if he was ok, the glimmer of the once kind boy replacing his familiar cruel place in my mind temporally. He was truly at war with himself during the time he dragged me through the woods. His internal battle was evident and I was unsure why.

After all these years why did he now question me? Help me?. After all these years why was it now I found the courage to speak out against the betrayal of a friend. Finally I had confronted him in some way, granted the answers I  received were minimal. Apart of me however couldn't help but feel slightly proud at finally facing one of my monsters, the other part of me was utterly terrified by my actions and the reason surrounding why.

My head began to hurt from the constant questions whirling around my mind. I was soon brought out of my thoughts by the silver beast, whose eyes were still closed and whose body I was still comfortably resting against.

"sleep well?"

I still wasn't used to someone being inside my head, nor was I used to the feelings his voice inflicted on my body. It took me a moment to regain my composer, just in time for his beautiful eyes to open.

Quickly I looked away out of fear of being entrapped by his gaze once again.

"Breya we have things to discuss, I want you to think carefully about what you want to do"

The seriouse tone he was using through me of guard a little but still. I nodded my head in understanding. The atmosphere around seemed to changed dramatically as he carefully lifted his body around mine, not moving until he was sure I could hold myself up. Low growls seemed to emit from his wolf as he began pacing beneath the branches of the blossomed tree.

"please understand that myself and colbey only want you to be safe , but you have a choice to make."

He seemed troubled as he tried to explain himself I could see he was battling between himself and his wolf. They clearly wernt on the same page about whatever it was I had to make a decision about.

" you can either leave this pack right now never having to return and begin a life of freedom within the to Royal pack boarders until you decide where you want to live but knowing your safe form harm...

He cut himself of with a harsh and disturb growl. His wolf clearly displeased by where this was going. I felt my heart tugg as I watched his ongoing battle, carefully I began to attempt standing acting completely out of instinct. I wanted to comfort him to tell him to take his time thst it was ok. Despite my conflicting emotions on trusting him he had been nothing but open and honest with me trying to make me comfortable in every situation we have encountered together. I wanted to do the same for him.

He hadn't noticed I had found my way to my feet and was edging closer to him. Nerves pricked at my body out of fear, seemingly troubled I didn't want to anger him furtur by stepping out of line. Somehow I pushed my fears aside and continued to approach the unpredictable beast. Stepping in front of him he halted his Steps as he anticipated my next action. His breathing was heavy as small displeasured growls mixed into them. Slowly I brought my hand up to reach his face resulting in him having to bend his head down slightly so I don't cause further pain to myself by disturbing my already sore ribs .

His huge face rested against my palm as his wolf began to calm slightly, soon he was completely nuzzled against my hand seeming to be enjoying the comfort I was surprisingly providing him.

"it's ok wolf"

After a few moments he lifted his head again, I was carful not to catch his gaze but for once not out of fear, Purley so we didn't get distracted by the spell that was inevitably cast upon us. He moved a few steps back putting distance between us I stood and patiently waited for my other option.

"or you can stay and help us with bringing down Larsen. I will warn you Breya this isn't going to be pleasant and if you choose to stay you could be in more danger than you've ever been"

His words held a grave warning, but I already knew what I wanted to do. Something told me that his changed in mood and inner battle with his wolf was because he also knew exactly what I would choose. Although I was being offered a choice I simply didn't have one. Not because anyone was taking it away from me but because I was.

I had to see this through, I couldn't allow the monster who had caused me so much pain to think he had won. I wanted to see his face when he realised he had underestimated me. More than anything though I couldn't live my life without seeing him fall. Because I would forever be looking over my shoulder and living in fear.

'I want to stay "