Chapter Seven

Time moves so slowly when you so desperately want it to move fast. I've never noticed that more than I have in this moment. Sat on the hospital chair my damaged locks brushed into a high bun, with stitches in my head where I hit it of the boulder. I waited for beta Coleby to return.

The sound of nearing footsteps sounded down the hallway growing closer to my room. Playing with my pale fingers I anxiously tried to prepare myself for what was to come. I didn't expect the Royals to be here yet,and by alphas actions he wasn't ready yet either.

To my surprise it wasn't the beta who entered my room but alpha himself. The clicking of his dress shoes against the floor gave it away along with his usual sickly smell. Then his vindictive voice met my ears just confirming it.

"thought you could escape aye?"

His voice was low and unnerving I could tell he was furious. He walked closer to me instantly making me want to retreat into my self.

"oo don't worry I can't touch a hair on your head.. Yet.. But don't worry because..

His callous hand griped my face so hard I was certain it would leave a mark. Lifting my head up to his my eyes met his lifeless brown ones.

" your going to tell our guest your going away for a while, that your going away for training because your thoughtful alpha dosnt want anything like this happen to you again"

He Brough his face closer to mine I felt the scraping against my cheek from his canines as he spoke down my ear, his wolf evident in his voice.

"then the real fun can start".

Before I could blink away his cold brown eyes he was out of the room, leaving the echo of the door slamming behind him. Releasing the breath I held in I allowed my tired body to lie back against the hospital chair. Letting my racing heart slow down.

I didn't allow his threat to scare me I couldn't I had bigger things to worry about. Worrying about the inevitable was useless for my fragile heart. But I couldn't help my curiosity alphas eyes never held emotion.

I was absolutely certain he was incapable of feeling anything other than anger, until just now. Im not sure what was swirling in those lifeless orbs but something had him spooked and I was willing to bet it had something to do with the royal beta.

I hated my curious mind, always trying to piece things together. I was practically itching to know the answers to my futile questions. I realised quickly why the beta thought I'd been attacke by rouges. That's what they were using to cover up where I really got all my injuries from.

I don't know how they were going to explain my sickly look and boney figure but I guess I will find out. The beta still hadnt arrived giving my active imagination more time to think and ponder.

The Royal wolves were early but why? Im struggling to believe there here just to see me. Something inside of me was telling me I was right and that there was something bigger going on here. After witnessing the alphas and betas encounter earlier I'd say there was some bad blood between them.

There was something else niggling me. I knew through going to the packs school that royal wolves were blessed with the Kings blood. Making each member of the pack thst much stronger. There senses even sharper than any average wolf, they were faster stronger all because the King's blood travelled through there veins.

But alpha Larsen was an alpha wolf, so how does the beta hold power over him. It was clear alpha didn't want to agree to the betas terms yet he backed down. I have never in all my life seen one person stand up to aloha. So honestly I felt elited that someone didn't fear him.

"sorry to keep you waiting breya"

The gentle voice of the beta met my ears jumping me right out of my thoughts and to my feet. Keeping my head bowed I waited for him to talk. I wasn't sure how to behave around him so I decided it was safer to be as small as possible. The betas shoes sounded closer to me making me instantly freeze up.

"you don't need to keep your head bowed breya I'm not that important"

The light heartedness took me by surprise but still I remained still. I couldn't bring myself to look up no matter how curious I was.

"walk with me?"

I wasn't sure if it was actually a question but still I genlty nodded my head. Feeling the fabric of the woolly jumper prickling my kneck at the small movement.

Slowly we walked towards the exit of the hospital, surprisingly the beta had allowed me to walk first. I could feel his curious eyes trailing over my frail body. Watching every movement I made. I tried hard not to irritate my bruised bones it was my attempt to cover up my injuries.

As soon as I stepped outside my eyes squinted. Even with the gloom grey clouds cast above me my eyes were still sensitive to the light. Closing my eyes I allowed my lungs the chance to breath in the fresh crisp air. A small shiver took over my body as the cold touched my delicate skin. Even with the woolen jumper and thick leggings I felt the draft of the mountains.

I was brought out of my thoughts my something warm being draped over my shoulders. A grey hoodie hung over my arms stopping my shiver. Gently I held the jacket together. It was more like a dress so it covered down past my knees.

"thank you beta Coleby"

I kept my gaze on the floor as my soft voice flutter around me. Unsure where I was supposed to walk I waited for the instruction of the beta.

"no need for formalities breya, Coleby is fine, how about we walk down by the river I would like our talk to be.. private"

Despite the kind tone of the beta and his sweet gesture oof the jacket I couldn't help the unease I felt. I didn't know why the beta was so keen on speaking with me nor did I want to find out but as always I wasn't granted a choice.

My anxious soul couldn't bare the constant threat all these creatures posed to me. I couldn't handle the constant torment anymore. Never knowing what's going on or what's going to happen. It didn't matter how much I beemgged in my mind or out loud for it to stop.

Because it never did, and despite my fear unease and anxieties. It was inevitable that I was still going to follow the beta where he wanted me to. Because I didn't have the freedom to decline, the strength to out run him or the ability to defy him. The alphas familiar taunt danced circles around my mind in this moment. Because for a moment I believed there was  truth behind his words.

'I am nothing'