➸ CHP 33

"Oh my gosh, she's alive?!", Mark almost choked on his coffee when I walked into the kitchen the following morning.

    "Yup, she's here", Jaehyun put his hands on my shoulders.

     "It may not look like it", Taeyong walked over towards me, "But all of us were really worried about you, and its awesome to have you home"

     "Thanks...", I smiled, "I really missed you guys, too..."

     "Hyuna!", Lucas walked in and gave me a "friendly" punch in the back, which almost made me fall over, "Welcome back! Do you want coffee or anything?"

     "Coffee would be nice", I said.

     "Go have a seat at the table", Taeyong said as he poured his cup of coffee, "We can all catch up"

     I nodded and pulled out the chair I used to sit in all the time. I felt so thankful to be home.

     Lucas put my coffee in front of me as he, Taeyong, Mark and Jaehyun sat down.

    "So...", Taeyong started, "Looks like your ignolsium saved you from the fire again..."

     "Yup", I sipped on my drink, "Who started that fire, anyway?"

     Jaehyun and Taeyong exchanged a look, "Well, who do you think it was?

     "To be honest, I thought it was you guys", I replied.

     "So you think we're the kind of people that would purposely flip a vehicle we knew you were inside?", Mark asked.

     "No...", I said, "Jiann just looked upset when he saw the people in the car next to us, so I figured it would be you"

     "Well, as of today you know that it wasn't us", Taeyong said.

     "Who was it, then?", I asked.

     "Your dad.", Jaehyun sipped his coffee and put the mug back on the table.

     I felt confused. My dad teamed up with mafias, he wasn't a soloist out to kidnap his own daughter. Or was he?

     "It looks like he set up NewKidd.", Lucas said, "He knew that NewKidd would know how to handle all the other mafias...especially us"

     "Are you kidding me right now?", I felt my blood boil, "So you're basically telling me that my dad hasn't said anything truthful to anyone since I was four"

     "Yup", Mark exaggerated the "p" when he answered my question.

     I tried to wrap my head around everything going on. There were so many unanswered questions all of a sudden.

     "So, what about Miyoung?", I asked, "Do we know what happened to her after Hansol shot her?"

     "She's fine", Lucas said, "We got her out of the venue before the investigators came."

     "Where is she now?"

     "We put her in your room this morning", Taeyong told me, "We didn't want her to be investigated since she's your best friend and she already knew Jaehyun"

     "So she's here?!", I got up from my chair.

     "Mhm", Mark looked at me blankly, "You should let her rest, though. Taeil had to give her stitches"

     "Oh...", I slowly sat back down. I was quiet for a few seconds, but I smiled out of nowhere.

     "Thanks", I said, "You guys are the best, and I seriously don't know where I'd be without you"

     "Of course", Taeyong got up and went to rinse his mug in the sink.

     "Hey, Taeyong?", Mark looked over the back of his chair, "Do you think we could do a game or movie night tonight since Hyuna is home now?"

     "That doesn't sound bad", Taeyong looked at us, "Once all our work is done"

     "So like 7:30 tonight?", Jaehyun asked as he ran his hands through his hair.

     "Sure...Would you be down for that, Hyuna?"

     "Hell yes! I haven't done anything with you guys in so long!"

     "Ok, cool", Taeyong said.

     Everyone slowly started to leave the kitchen to get to their paperwork or meetings with other mafias. The usual.

     I still sat at the table as the last member there, Jaehyun, finished up doing the dishes.

     "Ok, Hyuna, I'm gonna head to work", he said.

     I turned around from staring out the window, "Mhm...I'll see you later"

     He walked over with a smile on his face, and leaned down to kiss me.

    Everything was basically the same at NCT, but Jaehyun and I were a lot closer after all the things that we had to go through together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "Seriously though, guys", Taeyong said, "What movie are we watching?". Everyone had been sitting on the couch or on the floor, but we'd been arguing over what movie to watch for the past hour.

     I walked into the living room with a bucket of popcorn. I plopped the bucket on the coffee table and went to sit on Jaehyun's lap on the couch.

     He put his arm around my hip and looked at all the members, "Guys, its already 11:30", he said, "Pick something"

     "Lets do Bird Box", Yuta suggested.

     Everyone was quiet. "Ok, are we doing Bird Box?", Taeyong sighed.

     We all nodded.

     As the movies started, I poured wine for some of the members.

     Jisung tried to be sneaky, and he held up his glass for some. "Nice try", I whispered, "You're too young"

     I sat back in my spot on the couch with a glass of wine for Jaehyun and I. Jaehyun put his arm around me as threw a blanket on our laps and put my head on his shoulder.

     I had a great night that night. I always found myself being distracted from the movie and staring at all the members. I was so thankful to be able to laugh and smile again, the same way we used to.

     I looked up at Jaehyun, who's eyes were fixed on the movie.

    He looked back at me, "Welcome home", he smiled.

     The doorbell rang.

    "Who could that be?", Taeyong paused the movie and walked to the front door.

     All of our eyes followed him to see who wanted to see us this late.

     Taeyong opened the door. "Oh, hi Hansol..."

Hey guys! If you're still here...thank you <3 <3 I just wanted to tell you that this book has about 6 chapters left, and I have an NCT Dream Mafia AU that I've been working on coming up. It would mean to world to me if you guys left a vote ;) ;) Happy readin', friends!