➸ CHP 16

"No, you don't understand, Taeyong. They said they're not making deals, and they actually meant it"

     "There's gotta be something we could do about it"

     "I don't know...Hyuna's dad is on their side and everything"

     "We'll find a way, Jaehyun"

     "Listen, Taeyong! There's no other-"

     "What's going on?", I heard Jaehyun and Taeyong arguing for the last hour, so I finally decided to see what it was all about.

     Jaehyun and Taeyong besically jumped when they heard my voice.

     "Uh...we'll explain later, Hyuna", Jaehyun said,

     "Um, you're going to explain to me now if this is about me and NewKidd"

     "Oi, mates!', Lee Felix walked by the office, "What's going on?"

     Felix stopped when he saw me in the room. "Oh...", he pursed his lips after seeing me.

     "What do you mean 'oh'? Can someone just tell me what the hell is going on?"

     Everyone looked around at each other. "I'd just get it over with", Felix said, "Its saves time"

     I watched Jaehyun as he and Taeyong stared at Felix.

     "So?", I asked, "Are you gonna tell me or what?"

     Jaehyun turned to me and took a deep breath, "Look, Hyuna...We went to try to talk things out with NewKidd last night and..."

     "And?", I asked.

     Jaehyun opened his mouth but Taeyong spoke for him, "NewKidd's not making any deals and they're still out for you"

     "Why should that matter? I'm with you guys", I said.

     "Yeah, but NewKidd knows where we're located, plus your dad has the police looking for you"

     "So what are you trying to say?"

     "We're trying to say", Taeyong continued, "That we have two options. 1) Hand you over to NewKidd without you getting hurt, or 2) keep you here in constant danger"

     "You know what option I'd go for"

     Everyone was quiet.

     "C'mon guys! You're not actually considering to hand me over, are you?"

     "Its the only thing that would keep you safe", Jaehyun said.

     "Are you crazy?! Jaehyun, they're willing to kill me at any second, and I won't be able to defend myself!"

     "Yeah, but they promised not to do that"

     "Promises are just pretty lies", I said, "You saw what Hansol did to you"

     "Yeah well", Jaehyun scratched his head.

     "Please tell me you're not being serious about this", my voice was almost a whisper. I felt trapped, and all I could do was stare at Jaehyun as I waited for his answer.

     "I don't know, Hyuna"

     "What do you mean?!", I shouted, "You guys said you'd keep me and Miyoung safe!"

     "We're doing our best", Taeyong said.

     "Ok", I sighed and tried to recollect myself, "Just...can I try and stay with you guys for now?"

     I went quiet. Jaeyhun and Taeyong didn't say anything either.

     "You guys are", I tried to talk, but my voice was a little choked up, "Basically the only people I have right now...and I kind of like it that way"

     Jaehyun let out a little chuckle. "We like it that way, too, sweetie", he pat me on the shoulder, "And its not like we want everything to be the way it is right now"

     "Things will clear up", Taeyong added.

     I nodded and wiped the tears from my eyes with the sleeve of my hoodie. "It doesn't look like things will clear up, does it though?"

    Jaehyun sighed, "We'll try, ok? You're like a part of the squad now, and you know what we do for each other here"

     "That's right", Taeyong smiled, "But...don't get mad if-"

     "If you have to turn me over?", I took the words out of Taeyong's mouth, "I'll try not to be"

     "If that does happen, we'll try to get you out...But we also can't get too involved"

     "And what if you guys couldn't get me out if that was to happen?"

     "Then...", Taeyong started, but he wasn't able to finish. He couldn't fine the right words.

     "Then we'd all just have to forget each other, huh?", I asked.

     I looked everyone. Jaehyun and Taeyong were just staring at the ground now.

     "That won't happen", Jaehyun tried to cheer me up.

     I tried to believe Jaehyun...but what if he was wrong?