➸ CHP 9

I opened my eyes after laying in my bed for a few hours.

     For a split second, I thought that it could have been morning already, but my room was almost completely dark. I glanced at my clock. 4:03 AM.

     I tried to get myself back to sleep, but after a good twenty-five minutes, I realized it was impossible.

     I just had too much on my mind.

     I sat up and tiredly looked around the room, trying to figure out if I should go downstairs or stay where I was.

     "Ugh", I groaned as I stood up, "Who am I kidding...I'm already missing a year of sleep, so lets just add to that"

     I dragged my feet and slowly made my way down the stairs.

     I walked past Jaehyun's office.

     It looked so quiet.

     Everyone who lived in this house knew that Jaehyun's office was anything but quiet, but it made me curious anyway.

     I put my foot inside, looking around to see if there was anything watching me. Each step of mine got easier as I got further into the room.

     I looked at the desk which had a file folder laying on the top of it.

     My slender fingers slowly opened the folder, and revealed someone's profile on the inside.

     "Ji Hansol"

     DECLINED.

     I held my breath for a second, and stared into the eyes Hansol's picture on the paper

     Just looking at the document made me think of last night, and getting Jaehyun mad.

      I closed my eyes and tried to brush it off. I ended up forcing myself to walk out the office and pretend that I didn't see Hansol's profile.

     Thousands of thoughts rushed through my head as I started walking to the outdoor pool. My head literally hurt when I tried to think of everything at once.

     I slid the back door open, and quietly closed it behind me as the cold air brushed through my hair.

     I turned around and froze immediately.

     There was already someone outside at 4:00 in the morning.

     I took a better look to see who it was.

     "Jaehyun?", I whispered to myself after realizing the person who was making laps in the pool.

     I rubbed my eyes and walked slowly in his direction.

    He stopped when he saw me.

     "What do you want now?", he sighed, "Wasn't last night enough for you?"

     I pursed my lip and stared at him.

     "Couldn't sleep", I shrugged.

    He rolled his eyes and slowly started walking through the water in my direction.

     "Seriously!", I glared, "Why are you rolling your eyes at me when I just said I couldn't sleep?"

     "Take a chill pill!", he irritably ran his hands through his hair, "I just wasn't expecting to see you this early in the morning"

     I nodded and sat down next to the pool-side. I decided to put my bare feet in the water and dangle them around.

     Jaehyun put his chest on the pool wall, and rested his arms on the ground next to me.

     "I'm guessing you were thinking about last night?", he finally said.

     I looked at him. "Yeah...", I admitted, "I'm just confused as to why you got so upset."

     "Look", he took a deep breath and forced himself to stay calm, "I'll tell you when the time's right"

     "And when's that gonna be?", I blurted out, "You've hidden so many things from me! I should know who Hansol is if he left that much of an impact on your life!"

     Jaehyun just stared at me, watching dump words out of my mouth at 100 miles per hour.

     My voice eventually trailed off after I got distracted by the way he looked at me.

     "What?", I asked. His eye contact made me feel a little awkward.

     In a split second, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me into the pool. The water was so cold when it hit my body that I had to force myself not to scream. The scream I had to hold inside was loud enough to wake up the neighborhood.

     When I opened my eyes again, I found my arms hanging around his neck, and nothing but a little water in between us.

     "What was that for?", I whispered as I studied his face, keeping my hands on his shoulders.

     He shrugged with a small smirk on his face.

      I wanted to say something, but I couldn't figure out what.

     We kept staring at each other for a few moments...

    ...Then Jaehyun cupped my face in his hands and leaned closer to me, pressing his lips on mine.

     I never kissed someone in my life until that moment. It all felt really new to me, but Jaehyun made me almost...like it?

     He slowly pulled away from me, keeping his eyes on my lips.

     "I would've never thought that I'd do that to you", he said softly.

     "Hm?", I asked, "Why? Because I annoy you, or because-"

     "No", he cut me off, "Its because I knew you"