➸ CHP 5

"We're a mafia", Jaehyun said to me, "We're not the most trustworthy people"

     "I know", I replied quietly, "but its not like I have another option"

     "You could get into trouble though", he said, "You're not safe here"

     "Do you not want me here? 'Cause I can figure things out on my own-"

     "That's not what I'm saying"

     "So why are you so worried?"

     "Taeyong and I just think that we know who's at the bottom of all this and if we're right, you really aren't in a safe position"

     "Who says I was in a 'safe position' in the first place?", I raised my eyebrow.

     "We just don't want you falling into the wrong hands"

     "What about you and the others though? Isn't it more dangerous to have me here?"

     "Maybe.", he said, "Maybe not. But it doesn't matter, none of us are ever safe whether you decide to stay with us or not"

     "Ok...", I looked at my socks, "So do I stay or leave?

     "Its better for you to stay", Taeyong joined the conversation, "I know you don't trust people, but we're the only people you have at the moment."

     "MAKE YOURSELF COMFY!", Donghyuck shouted from downstairs.

     "STOP EAVESDROPPING DONGHYUCK!", Jaehyun yelled back.

     I faked a smile. Taeyong was right, I really didn't have anyone to trust except for Miyoung but it'd be too risky to contact her. But it could have been just as risky to stay with NCT, too.

     "You've already been here for a few weeks", Jaehyun said, "So you know what happens here"

      "Yeah, just the average death warrants and brief cases full of drugs being dropped off at the font door. No biggy"

     "Seriously though, Hyuna", Taeyong looked at me with cold eyes, "Are you gonna stay or leave"

     "Stay", I said.

     "Alright", Taeyong said.

     "WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!", Donghyuck shouted again.

     "DONGHYUCK! IF YOU DON'T SHUT THE HELL UP"

     This time I smiled. A real smile. "Besides", I said as the three of us started walking downstairs, "You guys make more sense to me"

     "Donghyuck makes sense?", Jaehyun glared at Donghyuck who was sitting in the living room.

     "You thirsty?", Taeyong asked as he threw a bottle of Mogu Mogu at my chest.

     "Thanks...", I replied.

     Was I technically now a part of a mafia?