➸ CHP 36

"What did Hyuna think when you told her about the whole 'war' thing?", I heard Taeyong ask Jaehyun as I walked into the kitchen the next morning.

     "I think", I interrupted Jaehyun, who was just about to answer the question for me, "That its not the smartest thing to take my dad on like that...its too dangerous"

     "Yeah, well", Taeyong sighed and leaned on the kitchen counter, "Its the only option we have now, and we have no more time that we can waste"

     "Morning all", Mark walked into the kitchen with his shorts and loose T-shirt.

     "Morning", I mumbled.

     "What are ya'll talking about?", his voice was a little raw and it cracked a few times since he had just woken up.

     "We're talking about", Jaehyun turned and watched Mark pour his coffee, "Going to war with literally everyone but us, Hansol and Stray Kids"

     "Oh...", Mark looked up from pouring his coffee, "That topic"

     "Well, you know we would have done this in a split second", Taeyong said to Mark, "But now Jaehyun has a girlfriend"

     "Cut it out", Jaehyun glared, "She's not my girlfriend"

     I raised my eyebrow and smirked a little, "Oh? So what am I, then?"

     It felt like a joke when I said it, but for real...were Jaehyun and I dating, or not?

     "I dunno", Jaehyun scratched the back of his head, "You're like a good...friend?"

     "A friend?", Chenle walked into the kitchen laughing, "You guys kiss", he held up one finger, "You guys say you're cute little 'I love you' all the time", he held up a second finger, "AND, you guys literally sleep together", he held up his thumb and then dropped his hand to his side.

     Mark stared at all of us and then died laughing. "Nice job, Chenle"

     "We're not dating", Jaehyun glared, "Not now...we have other things to worry about"

     I just nodded. Ok, so I guess we weren't dating...in Jaehyun's eyes, at least. He was right, we did have a lot of other things to worry about, but I thought I'd at least mean a little more than that. A little more than "just friends".

     "Alright, well", Taeyong went to leave the kitchen, "You do you. I have a job to take care of"

      "Yeah", Jaehyun sighed, "Me too."

     "Ok, I'll see you guys later", I said.

     "Yup", Jaehyun said.

     He left the kitchen without looking at me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "The city of Seoul has recently announced a curfew starting at 8PM every night"

     "They're not being serious, are they?", Jaehyun rolled his eyes at the TV. We'd been watching the news in the living room with everyone for the past hour, and it was all about "mafias getting out of hand"

     "The anonymous mafias in Korea have been getting dangerous lately", the news blabbed on, "They've been fighting with each other without caring about the world around them, leaving damage all around Seoul"

     Doyoung laughed to himself, "Its so true", he said as he smiled at the ceiling.

     "We're enforcing this curfew to keep our citizens safe...the last thing we want is someone to get hurt by these troublesome people who wander on the streets at night"

    "We don't 'wander'!", Renjun yelled at the TV, "We have work to do! We stay at home just like normal human beings, only we care about justice, unlike you lazy bums!"

     "Until this curfew gets lifted, we have teams out trying to track down these murderers"

     "They've been trying to track us down for years", Donghyuck said, "And they're never able to find us...even if we have a regular address, pay our water bill every month, and even make donut runs"

     "Just turn it off", Jaehyun said, "I'm sick of hearing it all"

     "Ok...", I said as I pressed the power button on the remote.

     "Well", Taeyong stood up and looked at us all, "Our names our starting to get on the radar, so we just have to work harder and faster"

     "How would you 'work faster' if your plan is to sabotage my dad? ", I asked.

     "We're just gonna have to really work on finding solid plans"

     "We need to take care of your dad", Doyoung said to me, "And we're gonna have to do it soon, otherwise things will just get crazier"

      My stomach twisted a little. Now that I knew that we were planning on a war, I was getting a little scared about how fast everything was coming.

     I saw Jaehyun stand up and head over to his office.

     "Jae?", I got up and held his wrist.

     "Not now", he said, "I have to call Stray Kids and tell them to stay here at the HQ...We could have to pull a move any second now. Things are getting too crazy"

     "Oh...", I shyly pulled my hand from his wrist and put it back to my side, "Ok..."

      "Sorry", he walked into the office and picked up the phone, "We'll talk later"

      "Mhm", I turned around and shut his office door.

     I felt useless. NCT was going to war because of my "ignolsium", and I couldn't even talk to Jaehyun because he'd been so busy.

     I walked up to my room, not Jaehyun's room, my room. All my emotions built up, and I started crying.

      "Dammit!", I yelled through my teeth into my pillow.

Hola:) Okkk, tbh this chapter was a little harder for me to write. I felt like I needed to bring something "dramatic" up somewhere, but I didn't really know what to write, cuz I literally don't socialize with anyone anymore, so I forgot how drama works (especially with guys, cuz ya girl's never had a boyfriend lol). So yeah, this was probably kinda lame, but I hope you guys are enjoying the book! As some of you know, I had to postpone my NCT Dream Mafia AU, but I'll have it out by the end of this book at the latest. If you have any suggestions for that, feel free to message me or leave a comment in the comment section. I hope you guys are enjoying your summer. Happy readin', friends <3 <3