➸ CHP 23

"What the-!", Woochul's head bolted around as he tried to figure out where the explosion came from.

     Hansol and another NewKidd member, Hwi, came running into the room, "What's going on?!"

     "It looks like Hyuna has backup", Woochul glared at me and went to grab me so that I couldn't get away.

     I gasped and started running for nowhere. I ended up at the door to stairway.

     I slammed my body into the huge metal door, and ran down the stairs as fast as my legs would carry me.

     Another explosion.

     And another.

     And another.

     I glimpsed behind me and noticed flames in the window on the floor I was just on.

     The building was on fire. I had to get out of here.

     Gunshots.

     I tried to keep going, but I realized that some of my actual friends might be caught in that fire right now. So was I supposed to turn around to see if anyone needed help? Or was I supposed to keep running for my life, and hopefully catch someone from Stray Kids or NCT on the way?

    "No, I need to go see if everyone's alright", I thought. NCT risked their lives so many times for me, and they were doing it again tonight...I needed to be there for them, too, just in case they needed it.

     I took a deep breath and started back up the stairs, just as quickly as when I was going the other direction.

     I forced the metal door back open, and frantically started looking for people I knew.

     When I entered the room, I tried my best to spot anyone from Stray Kids or NCT while trying to avoid the flames.

     I spotted a limp figure in the corner.

     "Jaehyun!", I shouted. My head started spinning as I ran towards him. Was he still alive?

     "Jaehyun", I knelt beside him and held his face in my hands, "Jaehyun, wake up! Jaehyun, its me! Hyuna!"

     I saw his eyes slowly open. He was in bad shape. He had a bullet wound in his thigh, and his clothes and face were burnt.

     "Hyuna...", he gently held my wrists and lowered my hands from his face, "Why'd you run through all those flames, babygirl?"

     "Flames?", I looked behind me. Oh duh, the room was on fire. "I didn't...I...Jaehyun, I didn't feel anything"

     I suddenly felt really confused. After I saw Jaehyun, I didn't think about the fire and just ran through it. I didn't get burnt or anything.

     "Oh...", he stared at me, "It was the ignolsium"

     "Huh?"

     "Hyuna, it was ignolsium. It worked..."

     "Wha-", I was cut off by another gunshot.

     "C'mon sweetie, we need to get you out of here. You'll be in big trouble if you don't"

     "But you can't walk"

     "Yeah, I can", he stood up. I could tell he was in pain though.

     "Jaehy-"

     "Let's go, c'mon!"

     I held close to him and tried to help him run out of the room and to the parking lot outside. We didn't say anything to each other, and just focused on saving our lives.

     We were able to make it out the parking lot, where mostly everyone else was.

     "You guys ok?", Jeno ran up to us and started helping Jaehyun to the van.

    "We're good", I worriedly watched Jaehyun limp away, "Or at least I am..."

     "Hyuna!", Mark ran up to my side, "The others will be out of the building in a few minutes. We'll need to get out of here"

     "Yeah, ok", I crossed my arms to keep myself warm. Although I ran through flames, it was still pretty cold outside.

     "Mark?", I asked.

     "What's up?"

     "The ignolsium worked"

     "What do you mean?"

    "I was fine when I ran through the fire in there", I said.

     Mark stared at me, "So NewKidd basically has evidence now?"

     "I think so...", I sighed.

    "We're in trouble", Mark scratched his head.