➸ CHP 8

"Who's Ji Hansol?", I asked.

     I saw Mark shoot me a glance in the corner of my eye, and Taeyong just took a sip of his coniac. Their reactions made me regret asking Jaehyun.

     "It doesn't matter, ok?", Jaehyun replied after a few long seconds.

     I just stood there. I wanted to know who Hansol was, and I would have asked Jaehyun if he didn't seem upset over it.

     "It kind of does matter, actually", I said slowly.

     Everyone was quiet. Mark took a deep breath and gripped the edge of Jaehyun's desk with his hands.

     When I looked back at Jaehyun, he was quiet. His eyes were empty and I could tell that I just brought up an iffy subject.

     I slowly extended my arm to place my hand on his arm. "Are you ok?-"

     He just knocked my hand away and turned around.

      I was frozen. I looked at Taeyong and Mark who didn't look the least bit surprised.

     "Jaehyun-"

     "Just shut up.", he held himself on his desk with his back towards me, "...Please"

     I bit my lip. "I'm sorr-"

     "Go to bed.", he said with his back still turned to me, "We'll talk about this another time"

     I looked at Taeyong, not knowing if I should stay in the office or do what Jaehyun told me. Taeyong discreetly pointed to the staircase outside of the door.

     I nodded at Taeyong and quietly walked back into my room. So much happened in those few minutes, I really didn't know what to think.

     I somehow found the one thing that really upset Jaehyun.

     I threw myself onto my bed. I felt angry at myself for making so many mistakes at once.

     "No offense", I whispered to myself, "but what the hell am I doing?"

     I stared at the ceiling for a while as usual.

     Knock knock.

     "Come in", I sighed.

     It was Mark. "You good?", he asked.

     I rolled my eyes. "Does it look like I am?"

     "Its alright.", Mark sat at the end of my bed, "You didn't know"

     "I know I should feel sorry right now, but for real, who is Hansol?"

     Mark was quiet for a second.

      "Hansol was...", Mark cleared his throat, "an old friend of Jaehyun's. The two of them grew up together because their fathers were business partners"

    "Ok?", I tried to understand why that would matter, "Why is Jaehyun so upset whenever someone talks about him though?"

     "Hansol trained with us for a long time. He picked up our skills and our tactics, but ended up siding with the NewKidd mafia at the end."

     "So he was a backstabber...", I looked at Mark.

     Mark just nodded and crossed his arms.

     "But on Jaehyun's profile", I went on, "It says he's a backstabber, too"

     Mark smirked at me, "I guess we all kind of are"

      He stood up and put his hand on my door handle. "Alright, seeya in the morning"

     I nodded and shifted my eyes back toward the ceiling.

     I couldn't help but wonder what Jaehyun was thinking right now.

     After what Mark told me, he could be more alone than I was.