➸ CHP 13

"If you want me to go with your obnoxious team so that you can get money for me, that's not happening, so you can forget it", I said.

     "Would you like to repeat yourself?", Hansol asked.

     "If you want me to go with your obnoxious team-"

     "Shut up and get outside"

     "Its not that easy, sir"

     He raised an eyebrow. I didn't waste as second, and kicked him in the stomach, sending him tumbling into one of the shelves. I immediately ran around the store to get Mark and Doyoung.

     I was so happy when I found them. "Guys", I whispered, "We have to get out of here now"

     "Why?", Mark asked.

     "Just get the hell outside", I shout whispered to them.

     The store owner yelled at us for knocking a shelf over as we ran out of the store. Doyoung was fast in backing out of the parking lot and heading home.

     "What did you do this time?", Mark asked.

     Doyoung looked in his rear view mirror, "Wait...", he said staring behind him, "Hyuna, you ran into Hansol didn't you?"

     I looked down at my shoes, "Yeah, I did"

     Mark made a loud sigh of exasperation, "Well this is awesome"

     "We were gonna run into NewKidd eventually", I said, "So now's just a good a time as any"

     "Yeah but we weren't ready.", Doyoung said. "Now Hansol probably knows for a fact that you're with us, and his members probably saw us in the parking lot to prove it"

     "What are we doing first?", Mark asked.

     "Well we're gonna talk to Taeyong and Jaehyun about it.", Doyoung replied.

     I almost wanted to cry. I felt really bad for putting every one in the situation I just did.

     "Its not your fault", Doyoung glanced at me from the driver's seat, "We'll get out of it, ok?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "Are you kidding me right now?!", Jaehyun yelled at Mark after we told him what happened.

     "Does it look like we're kidding?", Doyoung asked seriously.

     "Ugh", Jaehyun irritably ran his fingers through his hair, "Jungwoo! Come grill the burgers for me! I have stuff I need to take care of"

     "Ok", Jaehyun put his hand on my back, "C'mon"

     I followed him through the house and into his office. It felt like I was going to the principal's office as a second-grader.

     "Alright, what did he say?", Jaehyun shut the door behind him and looked at me.

     "He showed me what wine you drank when you were younger"

     "Hyuna, seriously though"

     "Ok fine, he wanted to kidnap me"

     "And what did you do?"

      "My mace wasn't working, so I kicked him in the stomach"

     Jaehyun slipped his hands in his pockets and stared at the floor.

     I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, "I'm sorry"

     "Don't be. This all just happened sooner than I thought"

     "So what are you gonna do?", I asked him.

     "Well", he sighed, "There's not much we can do at the moment"

     I nodded awkwardly and discreetly fidgeted with my fingers.

     Jaehyun still looked at me. "You're ok, right?", he asked.

     "Mhm...yeah, I'm fine", I lifted my head to look him in the eyes.

     He smiled at me. "I'll get you out of this", he pushed a strand of hair out of my face and ran his thumb over my cheek.

     In an instant he pulled his hand back to his side and walked to his desk.

     "What are you doing?", I asked.

     "It'll probably be a few more days until NewKidd pulls another move. I'm gonna call up Stray Kids so that we can have backup at the house"

     "When do you want them to get here, then?"

     "I'll try and get them to come over tonight", he dialed a number and put his phone up to his ear. "Oh", he continued as he waited for someone to pick up, "You're gonna have to give your room up for a bit"

    "Where am I sleeping them?"

     "We'll figure it out later", his attention shifted to the phone since someone answered, "Hello, Chan? Hi, this is Jaehyun. Could you and your team do me a favor?"

     I forced a smile after he looked at me one more time, and left the office.

     I felt scared.

     This felt like the beginning.