➸ CHP 24

"He probably just needs some rest", I looked at Jaehyun as he was falling asleep in the car seat next to me, "I think I tired him out tonight"

     "You're fine", Mark said.

     "Mark, I screwed up so bad though", I said quietly. I felt tears forming in my eyes.

     "Hyuna, its not your fault that you were injected with ignolsium. Its your dads'."

     "Yeah, but its my fault you guys came to help me out tonight, and its my fault that Jaehyun got shot"

     Mark sighed, "It'll all be over soon"

     I nodded and wiped my tears off my cheeks. I looked at Jaehyun again; at the new scars on his body, at his burnt clothes, at the bloodstained cloth on his thigh that was put there to help with the blood flow...it was all because of me. It was all because he cared.

     "I'm sorry", I slipped my hands in his and leaned on his shoulder. I wasn't expecting him to say or do anything back, I just wanted him to understand that I was sorry.

     He didn't respond to me, but I felt him squeeze my hand a little.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "Hyuna, can you grab some more towels?", Taeil asked me as he cleaned Jaehyun's bullet wound.

      "Of course...", I turned around and grabbed a cloth, and then immediately stared at Jaehyun again.

     I never felt like I could take my eyes off of him. He'd been unconscious for the past couple hours, his body was covered in blisters from the fire, and his bullet wound was a lot deeper and severe than all of us thought.

     "We're just lucky that Taeil's taking care of him", Mark walked over with water bottles for us, "Taeil's the best medic we have"

     "I know", I forced a smile and took a water bottle.

     "You're still worried though, huh?", Mark asked as he sat next to me, staring at Jaehyun as well.

     "Yeah...", I sighed, "Taeil's medic skills are no joke...but we all know that sometimes, people are just meant to go...And I really just don't want that to happen to Jae"

     "It won't. Take a chill pill", Mark gave me a playful punch in the arm, "Jaehyun-hyung has been through injuries a lot worse than this"

     "If you say so", I sighed as I took more bloody towels from Taeil and put them in a bag, "I really hope you're right"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "Is he doing any better?", I asked as I walked down the stairs. I had gone to Jaehyun's room (since there were still some Stray Kids members staying in my room) for a couple hours to try a get a hold of myself.

     "Uhh...", Taeil scratched the back of his head, "Winwin and I have been keeping an eye on him, and..."

     "He just needs rest", Winwin told me as he looked at Jaehyun laying there on the couch, "He'll be fine"

     "Alright well, in that case...", I placed my hand on the railing, "I think I'll go back to the room for a little"

     "Sounds good", Taeil said, "We'll keep you updated"

     "Mhm"

     When I got back up to my room, I immediately started getting my clothes and personal items together.

     Why? I needed to leave.

     Look at all the trouble I've put NCT and Stray Kids through. Some of us here might not even be surprised if Jaehyun lived until tomorrow.

     ...And all of Jaehyun's injuries were also because of me. He cared so much about all of us here at the HQ, that he literally risked his life for me.

     I stuffed all my things in my backpack and ran out to the kitchen to grab some water.

     "What's the backpack for?", Yuta was already in the kitchen.

     "U-uh...", I started. I didn't expect to see him, or anyone, in the kitchen.

     "I, uh...", I stalled, "I'm just trying to clean all my stuff up and maybe get rid of some things. I didn't even know I was wearing my backpack!", I laughed nervously, "Stupid me...Thanks for pointing that out"

     "Uh, sure", Yuta looked confused, but he just looked back down at his phone.

     "Umm", I closed the fridge, "Good night!"

     "Mhm. Goodnight."

     That was probably the last time I'd say goodnight to Yuta, or any of the members.

     I ran back up to my room and opened my window. I secured a rope to the bed and threw the other end outside.

     "Here we go", I whispered to myself as I made sure the rope was strong enough for me.

     After I climbed down, and my feet were on the ground, I had to start running.

     I don't know where, but I had to start running. I had to get as far away from here as possible before anyone else got hurt.

Anyone here?? I hope ya'll are enjoying the book! Remember to leave comments, and feel free to message me any time if you have questions, complaints, or suggestions. Leave a vote if you like what you're reading ;) ;) Happy readin', friends <3