➸ CHP 25

"Miyoung?", I had dialed Miyoung's number on some pay phone, hoping she'd pick up.

     "Hello? Who is this?", a voice on the other line picked up.

     "Miyoung, its Hyuna...", I said. My whole body was shaking.

     "Oh my gosh! Is everything ok? I didn't recognize the number"

     "Everything's fine...where are you right now?"

     "I'm at my college dorm"

     "Really? Good, I'm right outside. Is anyone with you?"

     "Nope. I haven't talked to your dad for a couple weeks now"

     "Ok, I'm coming up"

     I hung up and grabbed my backpack. I ran up the staircase and knocked on Miyoung's door.

     Miyoung opened her door and gave me a big hug when she saw me, "I was so worried! You haven't contacted me for so long"

     I walked into her studio apartment and sat on her mini couch, "Look, I'm not in the best situation right now..."

     She nodded and sat next to me, "Doesn't surprise me. What's going on?"

     "Well, I ended up escaping the house with Jaehyun the night of that shooting...Things have just been crazy since then"

     She listened closely to every word I said. It felt like another one of our old sleepovers as we talked there in the dark, but this time we weren't talking about typical teenage things.

     "Jaehyun told me...", I looked at the silhouette of her face in the dark room, "That we already knew him..."

     "We did.", she said, "I just didn't tell you in case it affected your memory"

     "That's what he thought you'd say"

     "How is he, anyway?", she asked.

     My heart sank when she asked that question. I just thought of all the things I put him through, and the whole reason I decided to show up at Miyoung's dorm in the first place.

     "Miyoung, he's a mess...", I put my face in my hands, "I ended up turning myself into the people who are working with my dad, and..."

     "And?"

     "He sent the whole team to get me back, and now he had a bullet hold in his thigh, plus he has a whole bunch of blisters all over him because of a fire in the building that night. He was unconscious when I left the house."

     "Why don't you have any scars?"

     "Because the ignolsium worked", I whispered.

     "What?"

     "That stuff that dad injected me with when I was four...it made me 'fire resistant'"

     "I know what it does, but it worked?!"

     I nodded since my voice was too choked up, "Now they have evidence it worked...I walked through all the fire in the NewKidd HQ without getting hurt"

     "And that's why you're here?"

     "Mhm", I looked up at her, "I couldn't think of anywhere else to go..."

     "Hey, its ok. We trust each other."

     "You think they'll find me?", I asked.

     "I'm sure Jaehyun will know that you came to me...but we're not worried about NCT too much right now, are we? If any of them show up, just tell them you can't be with them right now"

     "So what about NewKidd"

     Miyoung sighed as she stood up, "I have no idea.", she took a sip of her water, "We'll figure it all out in the morning"

     "Ok..."

     "They won't find us in a night, Hyuna. We're good for now"

     "That's what Mark and Yuta said when we went to run from them"

     "Hyuna, that's because NewKidd focused that whole night on finding you. They have other things to worry about right now"

     "Fine, but you and I have to start brainstorming as soon as the sun comes up tomorrow"

      "Of course", she smiled and laid in her.

      I laid down on the couch, and stared blankly at the ceiling.

     When the morning comes, NCT would find out that I wasn't there