➸ CHP 15

I ended up forcing myself to sleep that night. I knew I was tired, so I just tried to forget about everything.

     I didn't end up sleeping for that long though. Jaehyun ended up coming to the room really early in the morning. I knew he was trying to be quiet, but since I was so paranoid lately, I ended up waking up.

     I sat up in bed and watched him dig through his stuff for whatever he was looking for.

     "Whatcha doin'?", I asked him as I rubbed my eyes.

     His head flashed around and he stared at me. "Hyuna", he whispered, "I told you to get some rest, sweetie"

     "I know", I ran my hands through my crazy hair.

     "So go to bed. You look tired.", he picked something up out of his drawers and put it in his pocket.

     "Fine...", I laid back down and tried shutting my eyes. Jaehyun continued to quietly go through his things, which only made me wonder what he was doing up.

     I watched his black silhouette walk towards the door.

     He reached for the door handle. "Wait!", I said.

     He stopped and turned around. "What now, babygirl?"

     I sat up  again. "Can you just please tell me where you're going?"

     I saw him smile a bit as he slowly walked towards me. "I'm not going anywhere"

     "Jaehyun, you literally have all your gear on"

     He stopped and looked at his business jacket and slightly touched the gun he had strapped to his waist.

     He laughed a little, "Its just a little business trip...it'll all be done by tomorrow morning"

      "Sure." 

     He walked up to my side and drew his face close to mine.

     "I know you're hiding something from me...", I whispered.

     "There's nothing to worry about", he replied.

      "But Jae-"

      "I mean it", he interrupted.

      I pursed my lips as I stared into his sparkling eyes that were so close to mine. 

     "Just believe me, please", I could barely hear his voice

       He placed his lips on mine.

     "I'll try", was the last thing I said before I returned his kiss.

     His put his large, gentle hands on my side and pulled me a little closer to him as he placed one of his knees on the mattress next to my legs. I put my arms around his neck. The bullet strap he was wearing rubbed up against my T-shirt, and I could hear the gun in his holster scrape across the side of the bed.

     It felt weird to be that close to him all of a sudden. For the fast few days of me being here, it felt like we both knew that there was something different about the two of us, but we didn't express any of that until tonight.

     Its not like anything like this was supposed to be like this right now, either. From what it looked like, Jaehyun had places to go.

     I paused for a second, and pulled my lips away from his, "Why are you doing this right now, out of all times?", his face was so close to mine that I felt like I needed to talk quiter.

     "Why not?", I could see the trace of a smirk on his lips.

     "We don't even like each other...", I said.

     At this point, though, I had a feeling I was starting to like him (if I didn't already). He totally caught my eye every time I saw him, and I felt this weird sense of "security" when I knew he was by my side.

     Yeah. Actually, I did like Jung Jaehyun.

     Jaehyun just smiled, and stood up, "Well", he he turned around and fixed his tie in the mirror, even though the room was totally dark, "Maybe I just had too much to drink", he turned around to look at me, "But I can tell you that I like you"

     I froze. I was starting to think that maybe this "too much to drink" idea was true.

     I took a slow breath in to try and keep my calm, "Why are you telling me this now, though...", I repeated my question from earlier.

     He just shrugged.

     He almost looked like he was ready to leave me hanging, but he leaned in the doorway before leaving, "Can you answer one of my questions?"

     I just stared at him.

     "If you want to know if I like you back...", I threw the sheets off my legs and walked up to him.

     There was a second of me standing close to him, and trying to look him in the eyes, but I forgot how tall he actually was. He seemed to have gotten a kick out of my trying to act more bold than him, since he was a good foot and a half taller.

     "Yes?", he studied my eyes and my face as he waited for me to finish my sentence.

      "I like you, too", I said recklessly.

     What the hell just happened.