➸ CHP 12

"Hey, Hyuna!", I heard Mark shout from the bottom of the stairs, "Wanna come with Doyoung and I to the convenience store? We're just gonna pick up drinks"

     "Yeah, ok!", I shouted back from my room.

     Summer was definitely here. All of us had a lot on our minds, but Taeyong always did his best to keep us in high spirits. This Saturday afternoon, we all agreed on having a barbeque.

     Every one was busy downstairs with helping each other grill everything, so I went to my room for a while. I was really happy when Mark asked me to go to the convenience store with them though; I hadn't been out of the house in a while since so many mafias were looking for me.

     I threw my shoes on and went to open the door.

     "Hyuna!", someone called me.

     "Yeah?", I turned around and saw Jaehyun walking towards me.

     "Hey, just remember to bring mace, ok? If you run into anyone, spray it at their chest and run"

     "I know", I said, "I can handle myself"

     "Yeah well things are different now"

     "Fine", I smiled and tucked a bottle of mace Jaehyun handed me into my finger glove.

     "Alright, have fun. Grab some wine"

     "You sound like my dad", I laughed and shut the door behind me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "What kind of fricken wine does he even want?", I asked Mark and Doyoung as we walked around the convenience store in our flip-flops.

     "Just grab a bottle, you can't go wrong", Doyoung mumbled.

     "There are so many though", I bit my lip as I looked at all the bottles.

     "This one looks fancy", Mark handed me a bottle.

     "Mark", I sighed, "That's sparkling water. Not alcohol"

      "Oh..."

     "I'm gonna check out the other isle", I said.

     The convenience store was pretty empty for the most part. When I walked into the next isle, there was another guy there, but that was it.

     "Jaehyun likes this one", someone said to me.

     "Why didn't you tell me-"

     I looked up, expecting to see Mark or Doyoung.

     But it wasn't Mark. It wasn't Doyoung either.

     "Excuse me?", I looked into the eyes of the stranger. He had dark eyes and a young face.

     "When we grew up together, he liked to buy that brand"

     "You're being a creep", I told the guy straight.

     "You really are just as mouthy as everyone says you are"

     "And who's 'everyone'?"

     The guy took a step closer. "The other mafias"

     I picked up my hand and went to flick the switch of my mace bottle.

     It was jammed. 

     "What do you want, Hansol?", I asked.

     "Take a wild guess", he answered.