➸ CHP 6

It was May fourth.

     I'm not sure if you guys remembered, but this was the day that my mom died about sixteen years ago.

     I felt confused because all the years before I read the files in my dad's desk, I always thought my mom died because of me. I always blamed myself for so long, and it turned out that my dad was at the bottom of everything. If it wasn't for him, my mom could be alive right now.

     Obviously whenever May fourth came around, I was never in a good mood. But now that I knew the truth, I felt even more upset.

     When I woke up, I sat in bed with my legs pulled to my chest. If my mom lived, today would be just another day for me. But it wasn't. My mom didn't make it and so I was alone in a mafia's house.

     Every one was already awake by now. I heard Chenle and Jisung chasing each other upstairs, and Taeyong arguing with Doyoung downstairs about who knows what...And I heard Jaehyun.

     Its funny because when I met Jaehyun, I just thought he was some cold hearted bitch. He technically was as a member of a mafia, but when it was just him and the members, he was a supportive older brother.

     "Morning Hyuna", the members greeted me when I walked past the kitchen in my shorts.

     "Hi...", I mumbled. "I'm going out to the pool, ok?"

     I felt the their eyes follow me as I opened that back door.

     "Is everything good, Hyuna!", Taeyong shouted.

     "Yeah, I'm fine!", I tried to shout back when I shut the door behind me.

     I walked over to the pool and dipped my feet in the water. I stared at my reflection and clutched to the locket my mom gave me.

     It was quiet. I liked it. It was the most quiet my life had been in a while.

     The back door slid open again.

     Never mind, it wasn't quiet.

     I heard the sliding door close and footsteps slowly approach me.

     "Is everything alright?"

     It was Jaehyun.

     I opened my mouth, but ended up just nodding.

     I saw him sit next to me, so I looked back at the water.

     He just sat there with me, without saying anything. He seemed to understand that I didn't want to talk and he respected that.

     After a few minutes, I took a deep breath and looked at him. "You know...this is the day my mom died when I was four"

     "I know"

      "W-Wha-?"

     "Its what Miyoung told me when you went to shoot targets the day I got to your place"

     "So then why'd you ask me if I was 'alright'?"

     "I wanted you to bring it up yourself"

     "Why?"

     "To see if you meant it when you said you were going to trust me a little"

     I was confused, but I nodded anyway.

     I stared at my bare feet which were dangling in the water.

     When I reached for my necklace again, I couldn't help but tear up a bit. I still didn't understand why my mom would be taken away from me when I never had many people in my life anyway.

     I didn't sob or anything, but the tears ran freely down my cheeks. Some made it far enough to hit my lap.

     I discreetly wiped my eyes and acted like I was just rubbing something off my face.

    Jaehyun looked at me, noticing my tears. "Alright, I'll leave you alone", he said.

     I watched him stand up and turn around. Out of nowhere, I grabbed his wrist.

     "Jaehyun", I said. I immediately pulled my hand away and rubbed it on my shorts, "Can...Can you stay please?". I felt desperate. I didn't want anymore people to leave me.

     He nodded and sat back down.

     "Hyuna...", he looked at me, "You can trust us, you know"

     "That's what my dad told me and it turns out that he killed my mom"

     "Everyone here has gone through the same struggles as you"

     I nodded again.

     "And what if I decided not to trust you?", I asked.

     He shrugged, "That's entirely up to you"

     I just stared at him and took a deep breath...

     I put my head on Jaehyun's shoulder.

     "I trust you, then"