➸ CHP 10

I splashed water into Jaehyun's face. "Stop fucken messing, Jaehyun", I said.

     "I'm not joking", he irritably wiped the water off his face .

     "You totally are. We were never friends. I grew up with Miyoung and Miyoung only. "

     Jaehyun went to open his mouth, but we were both interrupted when Taeyong opened the back door.

     Jaehyun and I just stood there in the cold water. I had no idea how I'd explain why I was in the pool at 4:00 AM. I was literally wearing a full on outfit in a pool, plus my black bra was totally visible through my wet, white T-shirt.

     Taeyong acted like nothing happened. He didn't even look a me once.

     "Jaehyun", he said, "You're leaving in an hour with Yuta and Doyoung. I woke them up already."

     Jaehyun nodded.

     Before he left, he looked at me in the eyes like he had done earlier. "I promise", he said, "I'll explain everything to you when I get this mission over with"

     "Ok...", I mumbled as I watched him walk away. After he shut the back door behind him, I slowly got out of the pool.

     I didn't realize that Taeyong was still there. "You know", he said to me, "You should probably get in the house and change before the other members wake up."

     I looked at my shirt and I knew my face turned bright red.

     "Its ok", he laughed, "I've seen a hell of a lot worse after living in a house with twentyother guys"

     We walked into the house together. Taeyong was talking to me, but the whole time I was just trying to process what had happened between Jaehyun and I that morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "What is Jaehyun even doing right now?", I asked Taeyong as I paced around the living room in front of him.

     "He went with the others for a meeting with Stray Kids, plus he needed to drop Yuta off for an undercover mission", Taeyong was telling me as he reached for the TV remote off of the coffee table in front of him.

     "Is this all about NewKidd?"

     "What else would it be?", Taeyong turned the TV on and sipped on his iced coffee.

     "Why are you so chill about this, then?", I glared.

     "Hyuna, he's going on a business meeting. Its not dangerous at all. Take a chill pill."

     Taeyong was right. Why was I so eager to know about Jaehyun all of a sudden?

     Taeyong turned the TV off and smirked at me.

     "What is it?", I asked him.

     "Are you worried about him all of a sudden because he kissed you?", he blurted out and laughed.

     My face turned bright red. "N-No...how'd you even-?"

     "I'm not stupid"

     I nodded and stayed quiet for a while.

      "You know", Taeyong started again, "I'm honestly surprised that he's opened up to you that fast"

     "Huh?"

     "Look, if you're in the mafia trade, there are things you won't want to talk about. A lot of things."

     "I know but-"