➸ CHP 30

"Welcome hoommee", Hansol said in a sarcastic, sing-songy voice as he shoved the door open to the NewKidd HQ.

     His face was expressionless as we took the first step inside.

     "What happened here?", I looked around and saw multiple burns on the walls, burns on furniture, and even the NewKidd members had burns on their faces.

     "You happened", Hansol replied, "And you're the only one who didn't get hurt."

     "That's ok, though", Jiann said, "Since Hyuna looks totally unaffected, that's our proof that the ignolsium worked"

     "Yeah, but the place is a mess, plus Woochul is still in bad shape after Jaehyun shot him", Hansol glared.

     "It'll all be paid off when we get the ignolisum extracted"

     "What do you mean 'extracted'?", I asked.

     "What's the point in testing if your ignolsium injection worked if we can't get the ignolisum?"

     "Excuse me?", I raised my eyebrow, "I don't like where this is going"

     "Shut up and get back in the van", Hansol said, "We're gonna be late to the lab"

     "Wait...", I walked faster to catch up to Hansol, "What do you mean 'you're gonna extract the ignolsium'? It runs in my veins..."

     "So we'll have to get it out of your veins then", Hansol didn't even look at me when he spoke.

     "You idiot! That could mess with my blood flow! I could die!"

     "Yeah?", he turned to me, "Woochul could die, too, because Jaehyun shot him when he tried to get you back. I almost died tonight, trying to get you out of that venue. Basically everyone at NewKidd almost died when you set our building on fire, and everyone at NCT has almost died trying to keep you safe. We've all almost died because of you. Its your turn now"

     I was speechless. Every word that Hansol had said was like a bullet to my heart, and I felt totally helpless by the time he was done talking.

     "Don't just stand there", Jiann gave me a little push, "Get in the van like we told you to"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     I was quiet the whole time I was in the van. If something actually went wrong at the lab tonight, and if I actually died...I probably wouldn't even be able to say sorry to NCT.

     But here I was, in the NewKidd van on the way to the lab where I'd probably would end up dying.

     "We have people coming up on the right", Jiann said to Hansol as we drove down the highway in the dark.

     "So what?", Hansol glared.

     "Hansol, its 3:00 AM...and those people have been on the radar for an hour"

     "I didn't see them", Hansol looked in his rear view mirror.

     "They've been distancing themselves...they started catching up to us just now"

     Hansol sighed, "Just keep an eye on them". He tried to focus on the road in from of him.

     I was sitting in the back cab of the van. There was nothing in the cab that would help me; just some tools and rope. I felt helpless...there didn't seem to be any way out of this one.

     "Who do you think is behind us?", I shouted from my position on the floor. I'd been handcuffed to the bottom of a utility shelf the whole ride.

     "Beats me", I saw Hansol shrug his shoulders, "They better not be on your side"

     "Oh, please", I scoffed, "NCT's probably done with me by now...I got them into so much 

     "Well then!", Jiann said, "Looks like you're officially defeated, friendless, PLUS you get to deal with us trying to figure out how to extract your ignolsium tonight!"

     "Sounds fun", I rolled my eyes.

     The van went quiet. I took a deep breath and pulled my legs to my chest. I slowly put my chin onto my knees, and sat there staring off into space...

     Tears started to run down my cheeks and my jaw locked up. Thankfully I didn't sob or sniffle or anything...but I was still hurting and it sucked.

     "Wait a second...", Jiann stared into the rear view mirror.

     "What?", Hansol took his eyes off the road for a second to look at Jiann. They both looked alarmed.

     "Oh my fucken-", Jiann reached over his seat to grab his gun.

     "What's going on?", Hansol kept asking.

     My head perked up, and I tried to see what Jiann was looking at.

     "We've got company", Jiann aimed his gun at the car that was in the lane next to us.

     An explosion.

     The glass in the van shattered and the van went tumbling over in flames. My neck flew backwards and everything went white.

Whiplashhhh ;)

I noticed the last couple chapters are actually a little short...but I hope you guys are still liking it. If everything works on my schedule, I realized that my NCT Dream mafia au should be published on Taeil's birthday!! June 14th! Make sure to give our Moon love and support. Thanks to all of you who decided to read my crappy book lol...Happy readin' friends! <3