Chap. 91 { Grieving... }

The Next Morning....
| TEYANA POV |

I woke the next morning hoping to see my husband in bed with me.

HE WASN'T!

I got out of bed brushing my teeth, put my hair in a bun, and slipped on a oversized T-Shirt. I then grabbed my computer and phone and went downstairs.

I walked to the kitchen meeting Makayla who was sitting at the island drinking coffee.

"Goodmorning bestie." I smiled.

"Goodmorning bestie. I made you some coffee." She pointed to my cup.

"Thank you." I said and sat down next to her after grabbing my cup. "Did Vincent come to bed last night?"

She shook her head. "Did Chris for you?" I shook my head.

"Where are they?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

"They're not here. They were here last night. I woke up this morning and Devon's truck was gone." She explained. I frowned calling Chris. The phone kept ringing until it went to voicemail. "I doubt he's going to answer. I've been calling them all this morning. Not one answer."

I groaned getting up.

"Mama...Are we going to school today?" Cj asked coming downstairs.

"Um..No baby. Actually when everyone wakes up, I need to talk to you all and share with you guys the news about Uncle Geno. Alright?" I said running my hand through his curls. He nodded.

"Yes ma'am." He said.

"Go back to bed. I'll come wake up when everyone is up. And don't worry bout basketball. I'll text your coach and explain to him everything. I love you."

"I love you too." He walked back to the stairs.

I sat back down. "I need to get in touch with Chris and see where he is. You have a tracker on Vincent?" I asked Makayla.

"Yes. I tried tracking it, nothing. His phone is either dead or he turned his location off. I've been here worried sick all morning. That's why I'm up. I figured this coffee would help, but it's not doing shit." She said shaking her head.

I sighed. I tried calling Chris again, nothing.

"I hope they're  fine and not doing something they don't have no business doing." I said. "Meanwhile, I need to figure out how I'm going to tell the kids that Geno died."

"Speaking of that, did you see anything about the chase?" I shook my head and grabbed my remote turning on the TV we had in the kitchen.

The chase wasn't going on anymore. In fact, every news channel was going off about how the helicopters that the cops were in, all mysteriously blown up.

"Holy fuck..." Makayla whispered.

"I told you! I told this wasn't going to end well! August knows people from everywhere! He's behind all of this shit. Ugh, I feel so bad for those families." I said shaking my head tearing up.