Chap. 46 { Breaking It Off.. }

| TEYANA POV |

"Okay remember, don't be afraid to hold back any tears or anything, okay?" I told Olivia rubbing her back. She nodded eating her ice cream.

We were at the ice cream parlor to meet up with Olivia's parents for the last and final time. When I texted Jill, I didn't say anything about Olivia not wanting to see them anymore. I just told them that she wants to see them and now we're all meeting here to put things to rest.

* * * * * *

"Omg, they're here!" She whispered. I looked at the entry doors seeing her parents walk inside. They looked around and when they spotted us, they started making their way to our table.

"Remember, breathe. I'm right here." I told Olivia and she nodded.

"Hi mom, hi daddy." She said as they approached our table.

"Olivia, baby girl we miss you so much." I watched as they hugged her but she didn't really look like she wanted to hug them back.

"How's school?" Her dad asked.

She shrugged her shoulders, "It's fine. I guess." She answered. There was an awkward silence on the table. It was killing me because I'm trying to get this shit over with.

"Well, were here because I obviously talked to Olivia last night about our conversation yesterday, so she's fully aware of the choice that she has to make today." I explained to her parents and they both nodded.

Jill looked nervous and so did Tom, but he also didn't really look like he cared. Which I'm not surprised of.

"Olivia, you can take the floor sweetheart." I said rubbing my arm. She looked at me then back at her parents.

"Um..." She started.

"It's okay pumpkin, don't be nervous. We're listening." Jill said smiling. She touched Olivia's hand but Olivia moved it back.

"Mama, Daddy...I'm tired of being treated the way I've been treated over there at the house! I don't feel love by either one of you! Mama, you only love me when you want to and you like to hit me! Daddy your never home! When your home, I'm getting yelled at about cheer or something else! I've been molested by Johnny and you didn't two didn't do anything about it! This is the SECOND time!" She cried. I felt so bad sitting here listening to her. "You two have FAILED as parents! FAILED! I don't want to ever see you two in my life again. I want to move out and live with the Smith family. I actually feel loved there and safe. I know for a fact I don't have to worry about being hit for nothing or being sexually touched. I'm safe there. I'm happy there. I want you too to understand that."

I looked at her parents and Jill was crying.

"Olivia, we love you. Please don't -"

"You know what Jill, maybe this is for the best.." Tom said touching Jill's hand.

I frowned, "What?" Olivia and I both said in union.

Jill looked at Tom. She stared at him for a good second then smacked him in his face. My mouth dropped

"ARE YOU CRAZY? YOUR COOL WITH HER TRYING TO TAKE OUR DAUGHTER!?!" She yelled in his face.

"SHE IS RIGHT JILL! YOU KNOW WE AREN'T GOOD PARENTS! WE GO OUT EVERY WEEKEND!" He yelled back.

"I don't give a shit.." She gritted through her teeth. "Your NOT taking my daughter. Olivia, lets go!" She grabbed Olivia's arm.

Olivia screamed then looked at me, "MRS. SMITH!" She cried.

"NO! LET HER GO! She's coming with me!" I pushed her off of Olivia.

"You really gonna tell me where MY daughter is going to go?" She laughed. "What are you, stupid?"

"What are you? Dumb and a bum low life as "mother" ?" I smirked. Her mouth dropped dropped. "Like I said before with the deal Jill," I said stepping closer to her. "Take the check or the charge." I said. "Your choice sweet heart."

"Jill," Tom said. I pulled the check out my wallet. I knew this was going to happen so I never destroyed it.

"I got proof and everything to show to the cops everything that has happened to that child." I said looking Jill dead in the eyes.

She looked at the check, Olivia, then back at the check.

"Jill," Tom said Again.

"SHUT THE HELL UP TOM!" She yelled. I chuckled a little.

"You have 5 seconds to -"

"OKAY WE'LL TAKE THE CHECK!" She yelled cutting me for. I smiled handing her the check.

"Perfect choice. This is for you and your husband." She grabbed the check and rolled her eyes.

"All I'm going to say is, good luck with that." She pointed to Olivia and stormed off.

I shook my head.

Pathetic as fuckkk.

"I love you so much." Tom leaned over kissing Olivia's head. "I'm sorry for everything." She nodded looking up at him. "Take care of my baby girl. Please." He said looking at me.

"She's in good hands." He walked away then they left.

"We did it!" She squealed jumping up and down.

"Told you I had your back. I wasn't about to let her take you." I said. "Welcome to the family." She smiled hugging me.

"Thank you so much. This is the best day of my life."

"Oh trust me, when those papers sign off to us adopting you, it's really going to feel like home."

I'm glad I did this. Even though Chris might be upset, I feel like I'm doing the right thing.

I hope I am

———————-

What Y'all Think ? 😁

Comment Your Thoughts . ⭐️