Chapter 44

I couldn't hear what Ryan was yelling at Ian as Tyler had pulled us away from them

I couldn't hear what Ryan was yelling at Ian as Tyler had pulled us away from them. His arms were still around me, as he hugged me from behind and I found myself leaning into him.

Just when Ryan raised his fist to throw a punch, Ash ran over to him and stopped him. Ian had the audacity to smirk at Ryan when he realized Ash came to his rescue. What the hell?

I untangled myself from Tyler and started walking towards them, but he caught me by my waist and pulled me back to him.

"Whoa, wild child! Where are you going?" He spoke close to my ear, his breath fanning over my skin and I could feel goosebumps erupt over my skin.

This guy had a ridiculous effect on me.

"I wanna know what's happening," I said, trying hard to wriggle away.

"I'm not letting you go anywhere near him."

"He won't hurt me."

"I know, I'm more worried about you trying to hurt him...more like permanently injure him," he chuckled.

Would it be that bad though?

"C'mon! Let me go, " I whined.

After a few seconds, he let out a heavy sigh and reluctantly let go of me, but caught my hand in his, as we made our way towards the rest of them.

" – this is ridiculous, " I heard Neil say in response to something Ash had said, while Ryan had stepped back and was glaring at Ian. "I saw him trying to grab V."

"Yes, because that crazy friend of yours kicked me in the groin, " Ian spat.

Tyler froze in his tracks, turning to look at me wide-eyed and I just shrugged in response. I didn't regret it one bit.

We walked over to the group and I glared at Ian. "Why do you think I did that?"

"V, please let it go," Ash intervened, her voice pleading.

"Why are you covering for him?" I turned to look at her, bewildered.

"Because he didn't hurt me, nor was he going to, " she said, looking me in the eye.

"I saw him dragging you out here. I don't know what he was thinking to do–"

"He wasn't going to do anything, " Ash interrupted me. "He got me out here so that he could make a call to his ex-girlfriend, in front of me. To prove it to me that it's really over."

"So you came here willingly?" I asked.

"Well...no. He dragged me out here, even though I didn't want to, but that's it." She sighed. "It didn't have to turn into such a big issue."

"I just wanted to talk to her in some silence and she was refusing to give me any chance to explain," Ian said. "I didn't mean any harm."

I stared at Ash for a few seconds, before turning to Ian. I could feel everyone around me staring at us, waiting to hear what I'd say.