Chapter 2

I woke up to my mom banging on my door at six in the morning

When I finally managed to roll out of my bed, I groaned and got to the door. She simply glared at me and handed me her phone before stalking off.

What the hell?

I looked at the phone and it was Ash calling. "What are you. . ." I was interrupted by her yelling.

"Veronica D'costa! If you want us to wake you up in the morning, the least you could do is NOT keep your cell on silent."

Oh shit.

"Shit I am sorry, I just... sorry I forgot," I mumbled an apology while I looked around for my cell.

8 missed calls from Neil Avi and Ash. Great. RIP Veronica- murdered by Ashley Wilson.

"I had to call your mom and wake her up to get to you!"

"Whoa, calm down, I am sorry, okay? I promise it won't happen again," I mumbled, rushing around my room.

"You have exactly forty-five minutes left, don't be late, you know how Mr. Anderson is."

"Yes, Mom! I won't be late, I'll see you soon, bye." I hung up before she could say another word and quickly typed in a text on our group chat to let the others know I'm up before rushing to the bathroom.

It was one of those days again where I would have to brush my teeth while I was in the shower and pull off other such weird stunts to save time. An oversized tee and a messy bun saved my day again.

I yelled goodbye to my parents as I ran out of the house, towards my car, and probably drove faster than my guardian angel could fly but I got to school just in time.

I made a mad dash to my first class, muttering an insincere apology to everyone I shoved in the process and hoped onto a seat Avi had saved me, just a second before Mr. Andreson entered the class.

"Nailed it," I whispered, before letting out a sigh and Avi shook his head with a chuckle.

***

At lunch, we were just casually sprawled out on the lawn under a huge tree just beside our playground. Neil was with his team planning some game-related strategies and was supposed to join us later.

"Hey, Ash, what's up with Ian these days? " Avi asked.

"He is busy with college, so he's hardly around." She pouted. Ian was a year older than us, so graduated from our school and started college this year.

"You miss him?" I wiggled my eyebrows at her.

"Of course I do."

Of course, she does. I mentally rolled my eyes.