The glade

*notice I do not own any of the maze runner characters or books the amazing James Dashner wrote the books and I introduced a new character which I made (lara) into this story*

Darkness consumed me, I tried adjusting my eyes but it was pointless.
Where the hell was I?
I thought it would be a good idea to stand but that was a mistake as I stumbled and hit my head on what felt like a box. I noticed whatever I was in was going faster than it was before. "I must be in an elevator but why is it pitch black" i thought to myself .

As I looked up I wondered whether it would stop soon it seemed like it was going to go on forever. As soon as I thought about this elevator thing stopping it did. Coincidence I don't know.
As it came to a stop I could hear metal moving and quiet voices mumbling something I couldn't understand. Light then poured into the box not ready for my eyes to take in the sudden change. I shielded my eyes with the back of my hand as I looked up to be surrounded by boys.

Seriously! I thought to myself, there was over 30 boys mainly teenagers from the ages of 16-20 It looked like although there was one boy that stood out he looked really young like a child he looked 12 or 13.
I looked at each and everyone making eye contact as a warning sign not to come near. I was snapped out of my gaze as someone jumped in the box with me and make a loud thump as they landed which scared me out of my skin.
He was scared to come to close to me so he stayed in one corner of the box I looked up at him and the first thing I noticed was his eyes they were so gorgeous, chocolate brown eyes that made you melt I couldn't help but notice a smirk starting to pull across his face. "Its a bloody girl" he said which made a lot of the boys gasp and mumble words some even took a step back. Have they never seen a girl and was I really that terrifying.

Most of the words that were said I couldn't understand but the words like
"Is she hot" "i call dibs" "is she a blondie" I picked up straight away do these guys not know how to talk to a girl? I snapped my head toward the figure which was now moving in the box he reached over to me with his hand out "names newt welcome to the glade"

I stumbled on my words trying to think what to say or if I shouldn't say anything. Right before I could say where am I he came closer to me "it's ok if you don't remember anything it's normal happens to all us shanks but you'll get your name back in a couple of days"
As I tried to process what's happening newt called out to alby to throw down a rope. Newt held his hand out one more time for me to grab this time I thought it will be best to take it, now that I was on my feet newt told me to put my foot through the loop at the bottom of the rope and I'll be pulled up. I was worried as first but I really didn't want to be stuck in that cage anymore so I agreed and the guys above pulled me out.