𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐎𝐍

𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦!

Out of nowhere, Dick ran in through the front door, all eyes falling onto the man in shock. "Dick!" Quinn perked up. "Thank god you're here," she said, standing up with the other teens. But when neither Gar nor Rachel said anything to greet the man, Quinn turned to look at them.

Gar quickly pulled the blonde back to his side. "That's not Dick," he whispered into her ear. 

"What?" she whispered back before looking back at Dick who's eyes were completely black. 

Rachel slowly approached him, "Dick? Dick, please, talk to me". He simply stared at her in return, completely blank. An angry scowl appeared on her face, "Let him go!".

"Rachel, this was not my doing. It was his," her father said calmly, walking towards her. "I offered your friend a path that went down many roads, but ultimately, he chose his own way. To embrace his darkness rather than deny its existence," he stopped just behind her, "He struggled. Tried to flee from who he is, from what he truly is".

Rachel reached her hands out to him, "Dick...". 

Trigon placed his hands on her shoulders, his touch forcing Rachel to pull her hands away. "I've released your friend from a terrible burden. I love him, as you do, because you do".

"And with Trigon's blessing," Angela began, placing her hands on Dick's shoulder as if she was his mother, "He's part of the family now". 

"Oh, Rachel," Dick's hoarse voice caught her attention, "It feels so good to be home... You'll see. They'll all see".

"No," Rachel whispered, tears in her eyes, "Let him go!". 

When her father didn't respond, she spun around, her own eyes turning black from her darkness. "Let him go!" she yelled in her demonic voice, lifting her hand, the dark mass heading straight for Trigon. 

He pulled his own hand up, clicking his fingers, the mass vanishing into thin air. "I'm afraid you're grounded. No more magic," he said innocently.

"I won't let you do this," the girl stood up to him. 

"Let me?" Trigon questioned, clearly amused at her comment, "You did this. You brought me here, Rachel. Your purpose was to bring me into your world, the whole journey you've taken with your friends, it's all been to make this moment happen".