𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄

𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦!

Dr Caulder, or Chief as he now preferred being called, managed to successfully get Quinn out of that lab without raising any suspicion. Probably because she was officially pronounced dead... for a few minutes at least. He managed to use that as his escape, escorting the 'dead body' out the back of the lab and into his car where he drove as fast as he could out of Covington.

With Quinn still fast asleep, he got her into the house without any issues, except from the others crowding her and asking all kinds of questions. The man dismissed them and took her to a more quiet area of the house, allowing her to sleep off the effects of his serum and gain her strength back. 

Quinn slept for another twelve hours and when she finally awoke, Chief was there to help her settle into this new environment.

Quinn looked around the room. It was a large living area with an open fire place crackling in front of her, she was on a leather couch covered in thick red blankets. "Where am I?" she asked Chief, looking at him with slight panic in her eyes. 

"The Caulder House, my dear," he answered gently, "I told you, you're safe now". 

Quinn remained silent as she let everything sink in. She couldn't recall everything that happened to her after leaving the lab, it was scattered through odd bits and pieces, but that didn't matter to her. She was just thankful she was away from that hell hole.

"Why did you help me?" she couldn't help but ask. Trust wasn't something she was familiar with, so she couldn't figure out why this man had wanted to help her. 

Chief answered without hesitation, "Because no one, especially someone your age, should have to go through what you did".

Quinn didn't know how to react to that. This man genuinely wanted to help her. "What did you do to me, back at the lab?". 

Chief inhaled deeply and thought about how to answer. "You had internal bleeding on your brain. I believe it was a result of the last experiment they did on you, it damaged your brain in some way, and they were too self centered to notice it. I'm just glad I was there in time to help you".

Quinn just stared at him as he spoke. Her mind felt completely blank.

"I used a serum that would save your life," Chief explained to her, "However, it did come with a long term side effect... immortality".