𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐃𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐘

𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘵𝘸𝘰!

"No sugar added, vegan vanilla pudding," Gar read aloud off the menu. "Designed to appeal to those seeking a gluten-free, low-calorie dessert... Sounds healthy," he finished, looking at Quinn who sat next to him.

"Sounds disgusting," Kory grimaced. 

"Agreed," Quinn said, snatching the menu from the boys hands, examining it for herself. 

"Hey!" Gar pouted like a child. 

"Oh get over it," she gently smacked the menu on his head with a smirk, he mirrored her expression, his eyes meeting hers.

"I'll be right back," Kory announced, standing from her seat and striding over to the bar within the train, ruining the moment for the pair. She returned quickly, two bourbon shots in her hands. 

"Rach just texted," Gar told her once she was seated again, "Her and Angela have seats up front. Let's go".

"Let's not," the woman retorted, "Those two need some time alone, don't you think?". 

Quinn agreed, "Plus, these seats are way better". She stretched her legs onto the table in front of her only for Gar to knock them down childishly. 

"The whole train thing sounded way more fun this morning," he complained grumpily.

"Again, get over it," this time Quinn's tone was not playful and Gar rolled his eyes. 

"Well... You wanna play a game?" he offered the two. 

"Play with your phone," Kory told him bluntly, taking a shot. 

Gar shrugged with a lopsided smile, "Sweet!".

Quinn's heart pounded within her chest, fear completely taking over her body. She couldn't move, she couldn't talk, she couldn't do anything but watch helplessly from the side. She wanted nothing more than to run to his aid, to be by his side, but she couldn't.