Chapter 162

After Ober left his study, Eckart immediately called Justice Minister Duke Lamont. He issued two decrees and gave one of them to him, along with Ober's investigation report.

At the emperor's order, Duke Lamont confirmed the report and decree on the spot, lowering his head without hiding his miserable expression.

As the source of the intelligence was doubtful, Duke Hubble plotted treason if Ober's report was true.

Even if the report was false, he could never turn a deaf ear to it as someone who was in charge of the law and justice of the Aslan empire.

"As soon as the witnesses are escorted to Milan, I will interrogate them in person and take the necessary step for you to punish them when their charges are confirmed, and I will also immediately set up a special task force to dispatch to Duke Hubble's mansion and estates to prevent any loss of evidence."

"Hurry up, but make sure you don't have any loopholes."

"I'll keep it in mind, Your Majesty. Duke Hubble is probably still in the palace. If you permit, let me have him arrested immediately and confine him in the dungeon..."

"Given the gravity of his crime, it is right to have him imprisoned in the prison controlled by the Justice Department, but put him under house arrest, specifically in the bedroom of his mansion until his charges are irreversibly proven. Let me order the palace office to take care of the house arrest procedures, so focus on arresting the witnesses and the relevant evidence."

"... Yes, Your Majesty."

Duke Lamont seemed a little puzzled by Eckart's decision, but soon he obeyed and bowed.

With a serious look Lamont hurried out of the emperor's study.

Eckart brought in another person as soon as Duke Lamont left. After hurriedly sending one of his servants to the palace office, he was lost in deep thoughts. Sitting obliquely in the chair, he raised his fingertips and pressed near his temple out of habit.

Given the intelligence and the situation, the witnesses were fake.

Although he ordered Duke Lamont to interrogate them and search Duke Hubble's mansion and estates, perhaps the witnesses would not even arrive in the capital safely.

Even if they arrived in the capital and came forward as witnesses, they could doggedly take aim at Duke Hubble during interrogation by Justice investigators, or disappear in the middle after shaking the chessboard by saying something outrageous. If they chose the former, that would mean that Ober wanted to completely destroy the Hubble family. If they chose the latter, that would mean Ober would keep him alive with nominal power. Given that Ober wanted to put Duke Hubble under house arrest, there was a high possibility that he wanted the latter option.

But Duke Hubble would never join hands again with Ober if he were stabbed in the back by Ober, so there might be some sort of hidden deal between them...

"Your Majesty, the Chief Chamberlain has arrived," Harriet announced clearly.

As soon as Eckart okayed it, the door opened quietly.

"May the glory of the great god Airius be bestowed on Your Majesty. I, Chief Chamberlain and the duke of Kling and Lennox, am honored to see you."

"I wish you the same thing, Duke Kling."

Kling got up after offering polite greetings.

Eckart glanced up and down his body, and murmured with a bit of regret, "You look great as you're dressed up like that, but you look too bright to be seen as the god of death..."