Chapter 18

"My name is Reinhart Kloud, the deputy chamberlain of the Interior Ministry. It is an honor to see you."

The man standing at the forefront bowed lightly. His formal suit was neat and he looked like he was in his 30s. If he was the deputy chamberlain of the imperial family, he would certainly a high nobleman with the title of earl and above.

"My name is Marianne."

She replied while holding the hem of her dress and bending her knees slightly.

She didn't mention on purpose that she was the daughter of the Kling family because she felt it was not necessary to reveal her identity when she didn't know if he was an ally or enemy.

He also did not use the honorific title Lady, assuming she might be an earl's daughter.

However, he used very polite language. As she had been always accustomed to nice treatment, she didn't think his behavior was suspicious.

"I hastily arranged the accommodation for you at the emperor's urgent order today, so you might find lots of things lacking here. As soon as the day breaks tomorrow, let me perform some maintenance checks. Please understand until then."

"Thank you for caring for me."

"I am sorry, but I cannot stay in this mansion all the time because of my other duty. If you need anything, please let me know through Countess Reinhart, the temporary chief maid."

The woman, who appeared to be her age, moved two steps forward. Her elegant dress showed the latest trends in the capital. Even though she had a gentle smile, she looked conceited.

"I'm Charlotte. You can call me comfortably."

"Hope I'm in good hands, Mrs. Charlotte."

Mrs. Charlotte looked slightly puzzled at that, but smiled in no time.

"Then I'll go back. Have a relaxing night."

"I have to go for an urgent business, too. Don't worry as I'll be back tomorrow!"

Kloud and Colin said goodbye one by one and got back on the carriage that Marianne rode. She had no time to ask them why they brought her here. Aside from Kloud, Colin almost ran away, which she realized before long when the carriage was disappearing in the distance.

"Are you two in the back in the same group?"

Mrs. Charlotte changed the topic. The people she pointed to were Cordelli and Iric, standing behind her.

"Yes, they are my bodyguard and maid. This is Iric, and this is Cordelli."

"Nice to meet you. Ms. Cordeli, you can use a small room next to the bedroom on the second floor of the main building. Sir Iric, you can use the knights' room in the annex."

"Can't they stay in the main building?"

Iric, who had been shut up so far, opened his mouth for the first time.

"Why? Are you worried about the lady?"

"Well, if I am close to her, it is easier for me to cope with any contingencies."

"All of the security guards here in the Elior Mansion are regular members of the Imperial Knights."

"I know that."

Iric's stern answer sounded icy. When Marianne turned around to appease him, the chief maid laughed.

"Oh, he is a very loyal knight. Good. You can use the far right room on the third floor of the main building. As you insist, you have to take into account that the room was not cleaned."