Chapter 65

Marianne forgot everything for a moment and focused on eating. She skipped dinner yesterday, so she emptied all the plates filled with food one by one. Especially the milk pudding which was so sweet and soft. She suddenly thought of a familiar face: Rane.

She wanted to have Rane taste this pudding. She liked sweet desserts, so she would open her eyes and exclaim admiration like she did last time, overly chatting about the need to find a new chef. When Marianne had a pleasant imagination like that, she burst into laughter.

Eckart looked at her fresh smile quietly in the back seat of the wagon, so his greed could not disturb her.

By noon, the procession came near Benua Falls which led on to the rugged valley. The field poppy nearby was spectacular. Passing the waterfall through the flower garden, they would soon arrive at the temple, finally.

"Oh, we're almost there..."

Horseman Jason, who had been driving the emperor's carriage for 10 years since his predecessor, wiped his sweat and pulled the reins. From now on, it was important to slow down and drive the wagon carefully.

The roads so far were rough but not too narrow. Although they were not as paved as those in the capital or Chester, they were not bad enough to drive a horse or carriage.

But the road over the falls was very narrow and dangerous. A little misdirection would take the wagon fall down the rugged cliff.

"Damn it! Did these guys eat meat soup secretly last night? How come they are so strong?"

Jason grumbled, pulling the reins harder and soothed the horses. The horses were very excited with runny noses even early in the morning. As if they knew they were near the stream, they became more excited at the sound of the waterfalls. It was tough to slow down their speed.

"Oh! What the heck are they doing?"

Right at that moment, there was heard a loud shout from the procession in the back. Jason looked back quickly.

Bang!

There was a heavy roar.

Eckart frowned heavily. Fortunately, the noise didn't come from his wagon. He quickly pushed the window, which he had closed to keep off the outside noise. He remained calm until a moment ago, watching Marianne sleep, but this time he looked out the window with an angry glance.

"Curtis. What's up?"

Curtis, who was following him by the side, quickly checked out the situation and replied, "The horses in the rear carriage are suddenly running wild. The knights are trying to control them, but they won't follow... "

Bang!

Another big noise was heard. This time it was accompanied by a sharp scream.

Marianne woke up at the noise from her nap. She looked at Eckart in surprise and nervousness.

Eckart once reached out to calm her down, and then looked out the window.

"The same is true of the other carriages as the horses are running wild now. If this goes on, I'm worried about a chain clash..."

Bang, bang!

This time, a series of shocking noises was heard. Even before Curtis was done talking, the horses in the rear row of the procession suddenly ran like crazy. Several carriages drove in different directions. And they crashed into anything ahead, regardless of whether it was another wagon or a tall tree.

"Eluang! Protect the wagon!" Grand Duke Christopher quickly ordered.

Running at a constant speed, the knights right next to the wagons tried to stop the horses. But they were so tough that it was not easy to control them. A knight even cut a horse, but the horses that got more excited after seeing blood ran more violently.