Chapter 12

Duke Kling was silent for a while after reading her daughter's letter exactly twice.

What he took seriously in the letter was her mention of "the way to protect you and me."

That suggested that she did not leave recklessly for a trivial reason, but with a deliberate purpose in order to eliminate some threat imposed on them right now, which he didn't know at all.

What she said in the letter could be ridiculous. She grew up without knowing politics and turbulence, which made her often play funny games or show troublesome stubbornness.

He suspected she might have concocted a huge trick intended to deceive somebody or cause trouble for him.

But Marianne usually didn't talk about Estelle when she was kidding.

In the letter she clearly said, 'I can swear on Mom.'

He wanted to find his daughter immediately and question her, but he quickly admitted that he couldn't. He also admitted that he didn't need to ask why Hugo and Mrs. Icell didn't inform him in advance.

Perhaps they were surprised to see his daughter's unprecedented actions and had no choice but to follow her orders. And it was none other than the duke himself who trained them like that.

After all, he was no longer angry at his daughter. He even helped her by keeping her plan secret. But he couldn't accept her request that he should not send any more security men.

What was more urgent than finding out the situation clearly was to keep his daughter safe.

He secretly sent several knights with a few words to Milan before dawn on that day.

Fortunately, Marianne's temporary plan was never leaked outside his mansion. As usual, there was a daily routine at the Lennox mansion, and guests visiting the mansion found nothing unusual in the intelligence they got from the mansion.

That was the same for Ober's deputies to whom Marianne had Hugo and Mrs. Icell alerted before she left. Indeed, they were desperately and competently dealing with Ober's men.

About ten days after she left the mansion, a surprising piece of news was delivered to the Lennox mansion. It was the emperor's order proclaimed not only to the Lennox Castle but also throughout the empire.

The order, which was published on the busiest streets of each province of the empire, was written in dark and large characters as follows:

* * *

Early in the evening, there were urgent footsteps in the corridor leading to the emperor's study. A small man soon emerged, wearing large glasses and holding a bag full of documents. Curly pink hair, red eyes, and pale skin as if he were never exposed to sunlight, the body looked like a pink rabbit. Unlike his cute look, his expression was quite serious.

He almost ran down the hall and stood before the door of the study.

The servant on standby before the office recognized him and knocked on his behalf.

"Your Majesty, Sir Colin, the chief internal minister, wants to see you."

"Let him come in!"

The door was opened at his cold voice.

Colin hurriedly came into the room and offered his greetings.

He was impatient because he arrived later than the scheduled time.

And his impatience made him make a mistake.

"May God give the honor of Airius to you! I'm so sorry...Oops! "