Chapter 127

The tip of the pen with the feather of a white swan crumpled with a pleasant sound. Ink ran, leaving ugly stains on the bottom of the edict, set to be completed with the emperor's signature.

Eckart looked at the ink on the feather tip spreading wider and darker on the edict helplessly.

"It's a pity that innocent swans have come to get their feathers plucked again."

Someone who suddenly shouted like that stole the broken quill from Eckart's hand. This man's action was not only rude but also senseless.

But Eckart pushed aside the edict to the edge of the desk instead of rebuking him. Then he took out one of the stacks of papers and laid it out again, reaching out as if he wanted a new pen with a shameless expression.

"Your Excellency, do you know how many pens you have broken until now?" Jed asked, barely suppressing his frustration with his actions.

He rummaged in the drawer for a new pen, frowning deeply as if he had chewed a rotten apple and spit it out. He then comforted himself, thinking sadly that his honor as the emperor's close advisor was not easily earned.

"Do I need to know that?"

Eckart's fingertips were still twitching, his gaze fixated on the desk.

"Of course, you should know!"

"Why?"

"Well...! " Jed was at a loss for words at the moment.

If Eckart wanted to find an issue with the relevant regulation, Jed had nothing to say.

Eckart was the only master of Aslan, the emperor with a crown of nine jewels. He was an absolute ruler who didn't need to worry about crushing or burning a few quills a day. It was not his job to count the number of discarded pens and order new pens from the craftsman to refill the drawers even if he broke fifty more pens at the desk.

But the draft of the edict and other documents were written by Jed himself. So, when the documents were damaged by accident while the emperor was signing them, it was Jed who had to draft them again.

"If you really insist, I have no choice but to do..."

Jed suddenly put the quill pen back in the drawer. Instead, he took out an iron pen embossed with a laurel branch and put a thin metal nib on it.

After making a new pen instantly, he handed it to Eckart with a triumphant expression.

Eckart received it without any resistance.

He looked at Jed, who seemed to challenge him to break it if he wanted to, and then a clean piece of paper was prepared on his desk.

In no time, a hard metal nib ripped the paper and even scratched the desk.

"Ah! You're so annoying!"

Jed shouted at him, losing his temper. Seeing red, he stared at Eckart intensely.

"If you have complaints, just speak out right now!"

"No complaints."

"No, you have complaints! If you don't, why did you break five quill pens and even tear the paper"

"It's my mistake."

"Oh my god. You don't make any mistake usually, but why are you making such a silly mistake today?"

"Jed. Nothing's as dumb as arguing about the cause of what happened by coincidence."

While replying calmly, Eckart pushed the torn paper aside.

Dangerous FianceeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara