Chapter 60

She closed her eyes tightly and vowed herself as if she tried to erase her terrible memories. Covered by her eyelids, she could see nothing. Nevertheless, one day last winter was vivid in her memory. Her father's funeral. On that snowy day, she plunged in despair while embracing her father's casket, which was as cold as snow.

How much she regretted it after she detected Ober's cunning trick!

If she had not been deceived by Ober, if her father had not changed his journey to accept her stubborn request, the wagon carrying her father would never have fallen down the cliff. Her father would not have hurt because of her, nor would she have been sent to the bottom of the lake by Ober's deputy. So in this life, nobody, nobody...

"Ahhh!"

Marianne woke up from idle thoughts suddenly.

The moment she noticed that Cordelli was screaming and reaching out to her, her body fell to one side.

Thump!

As if the carriage hit the rock, she felt a strong shock on her body. Marianne sat up slightly on the seat made of the fixed sofa. A glass of water on the table, a painting tool taken out to kill her boredom, and a silver cage without its owner floated in the air.

'Oops! It looks like my head, not butt, is going to break.'

The moment she felt time stopped, Marianne was absorbed in idle thoughts like that.

She was out of touch with reality.

In no time, everything inside the carriage was pulled back to the ground at a terrible speed as they couldn't fight gravity.

"Lady! "

A loud burst of sound pierced her ears, muffling Cordlli's shouting. Marianne fell off the sofa as if someone threw her out. She slipped from the sofa and sat down on the bottom of the carriage. As she instinctively grabbed the door handle, she could barely avoid rolling down.

"Are you okay, Lady? What should I do? What the hell happened?"

Cordelli, who was thrown on the other side, crawled to her, removing the messy stuff before her. The carriage was still tilted to one side, with the windows almost on the floor and the doors on her right shoulder. One pair of abundant dresses swelled freely to block her view.

"I'm okay except my butt. It looks like it's really broken."

Someone cleared the fluttering lace roughly.

"Oh my god. Does it hurt a lot? How could this happen if they didn't drive the wagon recklessly? Did they mess with the maintenance? How dare they drive the future empress's carriage so recklessly! How outrageous!"

"I'm okay. It looks like the wheels are missing as the wagon is tilted to one side like this..."

"Good Heavens! You have been so emboldened while you're in the capital! You are not surprised that much... I guess Milan is not a good place to live. I know you were surprised to see a bug sitting on a petal in the past..." Cordelli said, glancing at her with an uncomfortable look. Her boisterous fuss made Marianne calmer. She even laughed rather than feared in such a messy situation.

"You bet. I'm so glad you are okay, too. By the way you? Are you injured?"

"Well, I think I'll be okay even if I am born again. I was not injured at all. I don't think you have any broken bones. Can you stand up?"

Marianne nodded. Cordelli supported her. She stepped on paper and a brush, which made some noise. Fortunately, the glass fell on the soft cushion.

At that moment it was very disturbing outside the carriage.