Red Strings (Hijikata Toshiro and Sakata Gintoki)

Start from the beginning

They were suddenly aware of their feelings.

"I'm done. Thank you for the delicious food as usual, owner!" (Y/N) grins as she stood up. "I feel like going around town today, I have nothing better to do. Wanna come with, Gin?" (Y/N) asked turning to Gintoki who nodded frantically.

"O-Of course! Definitely! I'll go anywhere with you. B-But it's not like I like you or something!!" Gintoki says, a small blush appearing on his cheeks. "What? I never said anything. Toshi, are you busy?" (Y/N) now turned to Hijikata who seemed to stiffen at the call.

"Nope! Definitely not! Fine then, because you're asking so desperately I'll accompany you!!" Hijikata quickly says, as he crossed his arms.

'She asked me out. Me- me!?'

"Okay then?....Let's go, you two." (Y/N) says, raising an eyebrow slightly at Hijikata's weird statement and then walking off with the two following her around like lost puppies.

"Oh! I've been dying to see this movie. Let's go watch!!" (Y/N) says happily says as she tugged on Gintoki and Hijikata's arms. "Anything for you, (Y/N)! Don't worry, I'll pay for us!!" Gintoki smugly remarked, pulling out a black wallet and easily fishing money out.

"Oh, that's kind of you, Gin!!" (Y/N) laughs when Gintoki turned to her with a huge grin. "Of course, of course. It's only natural for a gentleman to pay when on a date!" He says patting (Y/N)'s shoulder and handing her the ticket.

"Here you go, I bought one for you too. HijiBaka-kun." Gintoki says giving Hijikata one. "Oh, you didn't have t-" Hijikata cut himself off when he spotted the wallet in Gintoki's hands. Why would the cheap and broke samurai pay for him?

Hijikata quickly patted his kimono and found his wallet nowhere. "Oi- you bastard!" Hijikata yells at Gintoki. "Come on, come on. Let's go in~" Gintoki ushered (Y/N) inside while throwing Hijikata a smug look. Gintoki stuck his tongue out as Hijikata angrily sighed.

But he didn't know what was to come in the theaters.

As expected, Gintoki took the seat right next to (Y/N), and having no other choice- Hijikata sat beside Gintoki. This was when Hijikata hatched a plan to murder the silver headed samurai while (Y/N) was busy watching the movie.

Gintoki was happy and over the clouds, having sat next to (Y/N). He could easily pull off those clichè moves on her and win himself some free tickets to her heart. But Hijikata would never let him do so.

"Ahh~" Gintoki pretended to yawn and stretched his arms up, he planned to casually rest them against (Y/N)'s shoulders but when he stretched up, Hijikata smirked.

Hijikata quickly grabbed Gintoki's arms and pulled them to the side making the man writhe in pain from his limbs being out stretched. "(Y-Y/N), M-my arms!!" Gintoki tried calling out for help but she was too occupied with the movie.

"Yeah! Her arms are so thin. I wonder how she does that!" (Y/N), amazed and her eyes stuck to the movie spoke out loud. Gintoki then got angry and stomped on Hijikata's foot, releasing his hold on him.

"My foot!" Hijikata yells as (Y/N) nodded, eyes still on the screen. "Yeah, she's got really tiny feet too. No wonder she can't catch up with him!" (Y/N) says nodding in agreement.

Gintoki narrowed his eyes at Hijikata and he poked the man's eyes with two fingers.

"You basta-"

Once Hijikata regained his sight, he quickly grabbed hold on Gintoki's neck with two hands and started shaking him back and forth while choking the poor male. "C-Can't breathe...(Y/N)..I....can't....BREATHE!" Gintoki pants, his arms reaching out to the female but Hijikata was pulling him back.

"I know right? How can she stay that long underwater? She probably can't breathe!!" (Y/N) answered, as she sighed.
"Honestly, that girl should stop being stupid, how the hell does she think she can hide from him by going underwater??"

Gintoki grit his teeth as he sent his elbow to Hijikata's stomach. And it continued on until the end of the movie. (Y/N) never noticed a thing.

"Hm? Toshi, Gin. Why do the two of you look so messy?" (Y/N) asked turning to the two men full of bruises, their appearances fully messed up.

"Nothing...." They chorused with a glare sent to each other. "Alright then. Where should we go next?~" She hums, walking ahead of the two who followed behind her.

'W-Why does (Y/N) look so beautiful? Even just a glimpse of her is enough to make my knees go weak and-' Hijikata's trails of thoughts was cut off.

"Ah, Toshi. Look o-"

He slammed into a pole.

"BWAHAHAHAHA! DON'T YOU EVEN KNOW HOW TO WALK, IDIOT? IDIOT!" Gintoki laughed loudly while Hijikata rubbed his forehead and glared at Gintoki with a small blush appearing on his cheeks.

"My, my. This is what you get for spacing out. Here, does it still hurt?" (Y/N) sighs as she takes out bandages from her kimono and place them on his forehead. After doing so, she placed a soft kiss on it which made Hijikata blush.

"Ah...I think I'm feeling a bit dizzy~" Hijilata feigned weakness, placing a flailing hand on his forehead and Gintoki immediately caught unto his plan.

"Oh no. Really? Come on, I'll hold on to you. We should stop by that dango shop over there." (Y/N) says, placing her arm around Hijikata softly.

"Oh....Dizzy, huh?" Gintoki narrowed his eyes intensely at Hijikata. The man was certainly cunning, no wonder they called him the Demonic Vice Commander.

"(Y/N), let me take care of him. A woman shouldn't carry a man." Gintoki kindly smiles at (Y/N) who tilted her head at him.

"Oh, uh. Sure." She smiled and Hijikata's eyes widened. "Oh! I suddenly feel alright!" Hijikata laughs but then Gintoki placed his hand on Hijikata's shoulder. "No, no. You're injured. Don't worry, I'll take good care of you." He grinned darkly

Gintoki quickly punched his stomach making him groan. "What was that?" (Y/N) turned back and Gintoki smiled. "He said he was tired! Come on, I wanna eat dango!" Gintoki laughs dragging Hijikata with him while (Y/N) shrugged.

After eating there for a while, it had started getting dark. "We better head home now." (Y/N) hums, looking up at the sky. Then she felt two hands on each of her wrists. Looking up, she sees Gintoki holding her left wrist while Hijikata was holding her right wrist.

"Oi, mayora. Let go, I'm taking her home. You can go jump in a river and die somewhere." Gintoki growled, tugging on her wrist.

"What? I'm taking her home. You go back to the hair salon and get your permhead fixed!" Hijikata growled back, tugging on her wrist too.

This was when (Y/N) saw something that greatly confused her. At the end of her pinky, on both hands were red strings. One was tied to Gintoki's pinky and the other was tied to Hijikata's pinky.

'What the hell is that?' She furrowed her eyebrows. "(Y/N), you decide." Gintoki clicked his tongue seeing the two men turning to her.

"W-What? What are you two saying all of a sudden?" She says as she nervously laughed, but the serious expressions on their faces made her go silent.

"We're both in love with you. We need an answer now. Which one of us do you like?" They both stated in chorus as (Y/N) laughed.

The red string of fate has already been connected. Which end will she cut? Which end will she hold on to?

Which red string will she choose?

-------------------------------
AUTHOR'S NOTES:
Ooookkkkaaaaaayyy. I'M SO SO SORRY ubanprincess i think i didn't follow the request???? I relly sorry... 😭😭 I hope u like this one. Author-san couldn't come up with a better story!!! 😭😭😭

Requests still open....(if anyone stills wants to request, that is 😭)