"Zari Adrianna Tomaz." Charlie warns, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I may or may not have forgotten my wallet." Zari whispers.

"Z!" Charlie exclaims, catching a few of the guests eyes.

"Charlie, I have a plan." Zari promises, taking Charlie's hand back into hers.

"You better. This was supposed to be a romantic dinner. Not a dine and dash." Charlie whispers harshly.

"Trust me." Zari says with a smirk as she slips one of Charlie's many rings of her hand.

Zari loudly clears her throat and falls to the ground on one knee.

"Charlie, love of my life, apple of my eye, my reason for being. Don't let another day go by without being my wife. Will you marry me?" Zari says loudly, catching the attention of everybody in the restaurant.

Everyone gasps and stares at Charlie with wide eyes. Charlie looks wide eyed at her girlfriend, mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water. Charlie nods furiously, tears streaming down her face. Zari quickly slips the ring on to Charlie's finger and pulls her to her feet.

"She said yes! Love wins!" Zari cheers with excitement as she presses a kiss to Charlie's cheek.

The staff and guests cheer within the restaurant, offering their congratulations. The best part? Everyone was fighting about who was gonna pay the newly engaged couple's bill.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"How's that for a romantic evening, fiancé?" Zari grins as they leave the restaurant, wrapping her arms around Charlie's shoulders.

"Don't touch me, Z." Charlie snaps, shrugging Zari off.

"What the hell, Charlie?" Zari exclaims, confused by her reaction.

"Am I joke to you? Is our relationship a joke to you?" Charlie argues.

"No! Why would you think that?" Zari argues back.

"I don't know, Zari. Maybe it's the fact that you've had that ring for months and you haven't proposed yet! You haven't even brought up the subject of marriage or even our future! And then, when I finally get a proposal it's to weasel out of paying for our bill!" Charlie argues.

"What ring? Charlie, I don't know what you're talking about!" Zari exclaims.

"Just forget it." Charlie sighs, walking off.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"Zari!" Sara squeals as she runs toward Zari as the unhappy couple cross the bridge, completely passing Charlie as she sweeps Zari off her feet.

"Am I gonna guess she said yes?" Zari laughs as Sara spins her around.

"I don't know. Why don't you ask the future Mrs. Lance-Sharpe?!" Sara exclaims as she sets her back down.

"Isn't gorgeous?" Ava sighs happily as she shows Charlie her ring.

Charlie gasps for multiple reasons.

"It's beautiful, Ava." Charlie whispers, looking at ring but sparing a glance at her girlfriend.

"I couldn't have done it without you, Z." Sara says as she pulls her in for another hug.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"So, I guess we had a little bit of a mixup, huh?" Charlie tries to joke as she sits on the foot of their bed, watching Zari move around the room.

Zari says nothing, undressing rather furiously.

"Zari. I'm sorry." Charlie sighs.

"You accused me of not taking our relationship seriously. You accused me of stringing you along. I have done nothing but love and support you. But you didn't even give me the decency of asking before assuming. You accused me of not wanting to marry you, Charlie. Of course I want to marry you! I love you!" Zari snaps angrily, tears in her eyes.

"I love you too." Charlie whispers.

Zari takes a deep breath, steadying and collecting herself.

"I am going to marry you, Charlie. It is not a question of if, it is a question of when. You can doubt a lot of things about me, but I will be damn if you doubt how much I love you." Zari says strongly.

Author's Note: vote and comment prompts!