This Promise

Prompt: Inspired by "This Promise" by Sam Tsui and Casey Breves.

Breathe in the moment

We are sending out a message: this love

Hear for a second just a sentence in the story of us

A sentence in the story of us

Your hand in mine and we are running like two flickering lights

Out past this moment, we are flying through the days and the nights

Flying through the days and the nights

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"Maya, I know there's generations separating us. I know that I'm not perfect, I'm a geek, I'm a rebel, and I'm definitely not the person you thought you'd end up with. I know. But despite all of that, I'm asking you to marry me, because we both know you love me and I love you. And I don't ever want to live a life without you. So, Amaya Jiwe, will you marry me?" Zari says nervously as she kneels in front of Amaya.

"Z." Amaya gasp, tears streaming down her face.

"Please say yes, Amaya." Zari laughs nervously, the ring box slightly shaking in her barely stable hands.

"Of course! Yes, yes, a million times yes Zari!" Amaya sobs happily.

"Really? No take backs." Zari grins as she stands up and slowly slips the ring on Amaya's ring finger.

"I will never take this moment back. Yes now and yes forever." Amaya promises as drapes her arms around Zari's neck and pull her in for a kiss.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

I'm trying to keep this image I see

I know we can't stay there

But still I believe that this you and me

Will always be somewhere

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"She said yes!" Zari cheers as she drags Amaya by the hand to the kitchen where all The Legends and Ava wait anxiously for the news.

"Like she could ever say no to you, stud. I'm really happy for you guys." Nate smiles widely as he brings the two in for a big hug.

"Thank you, Nathaniel." Amaya says softly, placing a hand on his cheek before hugging him tightly once more.

"Awesome job, Z!" Ray grins, as he high fives Zari and hugs Amaya.

"Thanks, Ray." Zari smiles.

"Alright, who am I walking down the aisle?" Sara jokes as she approaches the happy couple.

"That would be me." Amaya grins.

"Well, it'll be my absolute honor." Sara smirks.

"Wait." Mick grunts out.

Everyone turns to Mick who was in the corner sporting a beer.

"I wanna do it." Mick growls lowly.

"What was that, Rory? I couldn't hear you." Amaya smirks.

"You heard me." Mick snarls before standing abruptly, beginning to walk away.

"Hey, Mick!" Amaya calls out.

Mick stops at the doorway, but doesn't turn around.

"I'd like that." Amaya says softly with a smile.

Mick grunts and walks right back to his spot in the corner. But as he drinks his beer, he has a very small smile, many can't see. But Amaya does.

"That was unexpected." Ava says to the couple.

"What can we say, Ava. We're all about the unexpected." Zari smiles as she drapes an arm around Amaya's shoulder, looking at her like she held the sun and the moon.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

'Cause I swear

That when "forever" fades into a memory

Nothing will ever take, take you away from me

This promise of mine is a promise in time

And as we're looking back on who we used to be

With everything I am, I swear you'll always see

This promise of mine is a promise in time

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"You alright, Z?" Ray ask, coming up behind Zari who was staring at the mirror mindlessly.

"Yeah, I just can't believe this day is here." Zari sighs.

"Getting cold feet?" Ray ask carefully, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Just the opposite. I've got hot feet, Ray. I'm about to marry the love of my life. I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with her." Zari smiles.

"Save that sappiness for the vows alright?" Ray laughs as he pulls Zari in for a hug as tears build up in his eyes.

"Thank you being here, Ray." Zari whispers.

"Always." Ray says.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"Mick?" Amaya says lowly as Mick leads her down the aisle.

"Hmm." Mick grunts.

"Thank you." Amaya whispers.

When the reach Zari, Mick lets Amaya's arm go, but as she goes to stand in front of Zari he grabs her by her hand. Amaya turns around and stares at Mick.

"I care." Mick says lowly.

Amaya steps closer to him and places a hand on his shoulder.

"I know." Amaya smiles before hugging Mick, who stands there numbly.

Amaya pulls back and nods, going to stand in front of Zari. Mick turns to look at Zari. And he nods, Zari nods back. Mick pulls out a flask and sits down, taking a swing.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

There still it's over 'til the morning raise the first ray of sun

Just hold me close, you know the road we're on has only begun

The road we're on has only begun

All the people we've become and those we've yet to be somehow

I want to show them just how beautiful you look in through my eyes right now

If they could look through my eyes somehow

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"Fate is defined as something to be destined to happen. And for a long time I didn't believe in fate. Because how can something be destined? Or should I say someone? God, the universe just loves proving me wrong because I found you. Despite everything and everyone, I found you, Amaya Jiwe. Through time and trails, and all the bad shit in between, fate led me right to you. Well, more like it led you to me. Maya, we are destined to be." Zari says.

"A perfect storm. That's what you are, Zari. That's what our love is. A perfect storm. A violent storm that comes from nowhere. You came out of nowhere. But when you came, I wanted to be in the eye of that storm. I wanted you take me away and go where ever you go. I don't know why I was meant to find you, but I will never question it, because we are meant to be. I know I'm suppose to spend the rest of my life with you. You're a perfect storm, you are my perfect storm. Zari, you made me fall so deeply in love with you. And I don't regret a single thing." Amaya says.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"Amaya?" Zari ask as they slow dance.

"Yes, Z?" Amaya answers, not lifting her head from Zari's shoulder.

"Thank you for marrying me." Zaria whispers.

"Thank you for asking." Amaya whispers as she lifts her head and presses a kiss to Zari's lips.

Author's Note: enjoy! Check out my Thea Queen story to see the change in schedule for when these stories will be updated!