Bye, Z pt. 2

Prompt: from xxDcMarvelxx, Zari catches Amaya going back to 1992 save her family and village and tries to convince her otherwise. Pt. 2

"Guys we gotta go." Zari announces as she scrambles around the bridge of the ship, preparing Gideon for a jump through time. 

"What are you going on about?" Mick grumbles.

"And where are we going exactly?" Nate exclaims.

"It doesn't matter, sit down and strap in!" Zari snaps.

"Hey! Zari, you need to tell me what the hell is going on. Right now." Sara snaps, her captain voice bleeding through.

"It's Amaya, Sara. She left, she's going back to 1992 to save her family. Damnit, we have to go!" Zari pleads.

"You heard the lady. Strap in." Sara nods as she sits down in the pilot seat and gets ready for take off.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/

"How do you plan on reaching her without drawing attention?" Sara ask as they touch down in Zambesi Village.

"Sneak into her room, talk whatever sense I can to her." Zari says as she makes her way out the Waverider.

"If that doesn't work?" Sara ask.

"I might do something really stupid." Zari shrugs before going after her girl.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"Zari, I swear to god if this isn't a dream, I'm going to murder you." Amaya threatens through clench teeth.

"The only reason I'm here is because you wouldn't listen to reason!" Zari whispers angrily.

"I told you to stay away." Amaya argues.

"Amaya, you either come with me-." Zari tries to offer.

"Or what? I am not leaving until I know I've saved Kuasa. She died thinking that I thought she wasn't worthy to bear the totem. She doesn't deserve that." Amaya snaps.

"I guess I'm gonna do something really stupid then. Fine, we save Kuasa. But, then we're going back on that stupid ship!" Zari sighs frustratedly.

"Fine by me." Amaya huffs.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"You know Zari is head over heels in love with you." Nate laughs as he watches Zari scrambles around to figure out a plan to save Kuasa without lasting and big impacts.

"I know." Amaya sighs.

"I don't think you do. You left Z, if she wasn't so head strong, you would have left her here heartbroken. Just like you did me. Zari doesn't deserve that." Nate scoffs.

"Don't you think I know that, Nathaniel?  It was hard for me too, I wasn't exactly jumping at the idea of leaving my girlfriend." Amaya snaps.

"This girl is breaking everything she believes in, everything that we told her we couldn't do, for you. So stop pushing her away, cause one day she might not come back so easily. Treat her right, or someone else will." Nate sighs.

"I'm sorry, Nathaniel. For leaving you before, without saying goodbye." Amaya apologies as Nate begins to walk away.

"That was last year. I think you owe that apology to someone else." Nate smiles sadly before leaving.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"I'm sorry, Zari." Amaya says sadly as she approaches Zari.

"I haven't been able to find a stable solution yet for Kuasa. I'll keep looking though." Zari says, ignoring Amaya's statement.

"Zari, I said I'm sorry." Amaya pushes.

"I heard you the first time, Amaya. Right now, I don't want to hear that." Zari sighs.

"What do you want to hear than?" Amaya says.

"That this will be the last time you'll ever leave me. The last time you leaving me crying and begging for you to stay. That there will always be an us. But you can't promise me that. Because you'll always feel like you owe something to your people. Let's face it, Amaya, I'm always going to be second in your life. And I don't deserve that." Zari snaps.

Amaya stands there stunned by Zari's outburst. Zaria huffs before turning around to face the board.

"If you'll excuse me, I'm trying to find ways to save your granddaughter. I can't afford any distractions." Zari says strongly.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"We did it. Thank you for everything, Zari." Amaya says she hugs Zari tightly.

"You're welcome, Amaya. I hope Kuasa gets the happy life she deserves." Zari sighs before pulling away from Amaya and beginning to walk away.

"Where do you think you're going?" Amaya ask.

"Back home, to the Waverider." Zari shrugs.

"Without me?" Amaya smiles as she hooks her arm around Zari's.

"I thought you were staying?" Zari wonders.

"I owe nothing more to anyone. I've done everything, I've right my wrongs. Most of them anyway. We're going home together, Zari. Everything you said yesterday, was 100% correct. And I'm sorry that I haven't treated you the way you deserve to be treated. Please, let come home with you. Let me try again, allow me to right this wrong." Amaya pleads.

"What happens if we go back to that ship together?" Zari ask.

"Easy. We live our lives like Legends. Eventually we marry one another, we'll talk more about the future as we go along. And we finish the whole Legends thing, we go back home." Amaya answers.

"I don't think I'll fit in with your village." Zari laughs.

"I'm talking about 2042. It's time we right that wrong too. The question is, are we going to have that life together? Because I'm all in, and I'll never say goodbye again." Amaya says.

"I'm all in too. Let's go home, Amaya." Zari sighs.

Author's Note: vote and comment prompts. The next book receiving a week of daily updates is...SPEEDY AND THE CANARY!!! so comment prompts on that story and contribute to the week of daily updates!