The Chosen One

POE

"This is General Lando Calrissian. Who is this and what do you want?"

"Oh hello." The clipped speech comes across the transmitter again. 

"This is General Armitage Hux of the First Order. I would like to inform you that we will be entering Exegol's atmosphere in precisely forty-five seconds. We ask that you do not fire upon us and instead continue to engage the Final Order's destroyers. You have my word that no First Order personnel or ships will engage the Resistance in any form of violence."

Shocked, my mouth drops open. The First Order has come to help us defeat the Final Order's star destroyer armada. I know I have heard this General Hux's voice before. I just don't know where.

"Do we have an agreement?" Hux asks.

"Yes, I believe we do." Lando's calm voice eases over the frequency. "We will take all the help we can get."

Recognition of the voice hits me. He is the First Order spy I have been conversing with.

"Good, good. We will be arriving in 3...2..1."

Suddenly, twenty First Order destroyers and five Dreadnoughts enter the atmosphere locked onto their targets and firing.

The Emperor's ships begin dropping from the skies. Caught by surprise, nearly three hundred ships are destroyed before they are able to regroup.

Although still outnumbered, together we stand a fighting chance.

******************************************

REY

"Are you sure about that...master?"

The Force push the Emperor has me in disappears.  Who is speaking? Who calls the Emperor master?

A young man, dressed in traditional Jedi robes walks in our direction. He stops briefly to pick up Leia's lightsaber. Flipping it gingerly in his hands, he tests the weight before attaching it to his belt.

"No, you can't be here. This is just a Jedi trick," Palpatine says, worry apparent in his tone.

"Oh, I am definitely here and this is truly a Jedi trick, ...a deadly one," the young man states with a smirk, his arrogance evident in his gait. Never taking his eyes off the Emperor, his countenance commands attention from all present.

"You claim to be embodied with the spirit of all the Sith who ever lived. Well I am currently...all the Jedi," he states, tilting his head down and cutting his eyes up to the Emperor. 

"My last vision is coming true. Even death could not stop my destiny. What's the matter...master?  I thought you would be pleased to see me," he drawls out slowly. 

He makes the word master sound like an insult as it leaves his mouth.

Grandfather

What? I ask Ben.

  That's Anakin Skywalker before he became Darth Vader. That's my grandfather.

Tall like Ben, his hair is also wavy and thick, but brown instead of black. His face is handsome as he flashes an impish grin. A scar decorating the right side of his face, starting above his eye and ending below it, reminds me of Ben.

He's not a Force-ghost. He is solid, but I don't know how.

"Now, Emperor Palpatine, you will recall that I was the prophesied Chosen One.  The one born to bring balance to the Force.  When I threw you down the shaft of the Death Star, I believed I had succeeded in fulfilling my destiny.  Yet, here you are bleeding your evil all over the galaxy again, all over my family again.  So here I am.  And make no mistake, I am still...the Chosen One."

As he states the last part, the immense amount of Force-power surrounding him, explodes outward.  He has been restraining it, just pretending to look normal.  His body is suddenly filled with light and I can feel millions of souls intertwined within it. 
The Emperor's newly remade body freezes.  Anakin has placed him in a Force-hold.

Anakin turns to me and Ben speaking low, "I can't hold him for long.  All the Jedi from the beginning of the Order contributed power to me; to bring me here solid and real, so I can finally fulfill the destiny for which I was born.  But, I need your help, your dyad.  He used the power of your dyad to remake himself.  Now I need that power to unmake him."

"But he took so much from us, I don't know how much more we have to give," I tell him, thinking of Ben in his weakened state.

"What I have, you may take grandfather," Ben states, his voice shaky and feeble.

I open my mouth to protest, then close it again.  This is not a decision I have a right to make for Ben.

"I will need the power of the two.  Rey, what are you willing to give?" Anakin asks, his eyes boring into mine.

Dropping my head in total submission, I reply, "Everything."

Anakin nods, then reaches out touching us both.  I marvel briefly at how solid he is, when the sensation of my life-force—our life-force, leaving our bodies, becomes front and center.  When the Emperor stole it from us, it was painful, a violation of our souls.  But now, it feels like water gently flowing over a smooth stone.  No pain, no chaos, just peace. I begin to feel weightless, like I may float up and disappear.

Just as suddenly as the feeling comes, it is gone, and I am lying on the ground. Barely able to sense Ben's Force signature, I know he is near death.

With Luke and Leia's twin lightsabers in his hands, the aura around Anakin pulses with power. Standing up, he stalks toward the evil Emperor just as his fingers begin to move, breaking the Force-hold. Immediately throwing his hands out to Anakin, he sends Sith lightning flying from his fingers.  The blue streaks of light ricochet off of Leia's saber as Anakin throws his left arm up. The lighting returns to the Emperor and throws him off balance for a moment.

"It's just you and me again...master. Let's finish what we started," Anakin states with a wicked smile, his eyes appearing to burn with a blue fire.

The Sith Eternal in the arena begin chanting loudly and Palpatine's power grows stronger. With an evil cackle, he pushes all of his dark Force power toward Anakin with the intent of murder. Throwing up Luke's lightsaber and crossing it with Leia's, he doubles the amount of powerful Sith lightning striking the Emperor.  The evil Sith Lord's flesh begins to disintegrate, exposing ligaments and bones as he screams in pain.

"We are with you."
"We are all with you."
"Fulfill your destiny."
"The balance you will return."
"You are the chosen one Ani."

The voices of all the Jedi echo throughout the cavernous arena.

With a push of tremendous Force, Anakin sends a pulse of power through the lightning, to the Emperor.  His entire body vaporizes in a matter of seconds floating away like moats in the air.

  His entire body vaporizes in a matter of seconds floating away like moats in the air