An Oasis of Friendship

Rey

We are unable to locate the wayfinder in the wreckage, but discover the area on the master bridge where it is supposed to be located and attached to the ship's hyperspace sensor. I do find a strange looking dagger that gives off waves of darkness strong enough Finn feels it too. The dagger is inscribed with ancient runes of a slightly familiar language. Placing it in my hip bag, we make our way back to the waiting vompaat.

Finn is very quiet on the journey back to our ship. Arriving to the Falcon after dark, I excuse myself to the refresher. Later, from my room, I hear Finn, Poe and Chewie speaking in whispers—no doubt about me.

After washing up and locking myself in my quarters, I contact Ben through the bond. He stands in his own quarters, his back to me, shoulders hunched. Carpenter droids diligently work in the background repairing damage to a recent tantrum.

When he turns around to face me, he shows signs of having been crying. His eyes are puffy and his nose red. Again, I don't call people out for crying. I know he will tell me what is bothering him when he is ready.

"Hello, Rey," he says softly. His usually deep baritone voice is slightly raspy too. A warmness creeps up from my belly at the sound.

"Hello, Ben, I just want to ask you if you have made accommodations for tomorrow night or if you are planning to stay on your ship?"

"Since you are near the city of Sunfire, I decided to make a reservation for a room, under an alias, at the Firebrim Inn—small, but very beautiful I'm told. I am slated to arrive two hours before sunset. Where will you be staying?" he asks.

"With you," I state matter-of-factly.

"Oh." He pulls in a little hitch of breath. His eyes then transform into smoldering embers while his posture returns to his full towering height.

******************************************

FINN

"Finn, I know it's a long shot, but what if we are able to capture that bastard. Imagine how good it's going to feel to be able to torture him," Poe enthusiastically states, while waving his arms around.

Chewie lets out a deep chortling growl, disgusted by what Poe is suggesting.

"This is Leia's son, Poe. You told me that yourself. No matter what he has done, she will not appreciate you torturing him. Instead of torture, just kill him quickly and cleanly," I suggest.

Chewie growls a statement of input. Even though Kylo Ren is responsible for Han Solo's death, Chewie does not want to torture him to death.

"Gaaarraaaawwww!" Chewie states.

"I am aware you used to help take care of him as a little boy, Chewie. But he's not that little boy anymore," Poe states.

Throwing his long hairy arms in the air, Chewie turns and walks away.

"That son of a bitch is going to pay for what he has done one piece of flesh at a time," Poe growls to no one in particular.

BB-8 rolls up to Poe's feet and beeps loudly. "Fine, you don't have to go if you don't want to," Poe states to the little round droid.

Excusing myself to my quarters, I need time to think. Something is really bothering me. A feeling that is almost a tangible thought, but when I reached out to grab it, it turns to vapor. All I know for sure is it has to do with Rey and Kylo Ren. My instincts tell me their relationship is not as simple as being mortal enemies. If Rey will just open up to me about it, I am sure I can help her. Someone has to intervene or we are going to lose her too.