Prelude

REY

Arriving back at my hut, we are chilled due to our wet undergarments, and the dropping temp. Ben's normally pink lips are pale and I wonder if mine are completely blue. Beginning to tremble, Ben runs his hands briskly over my arms to warm me.

"You go ahead and change. I'll start a fire. I can stay a little while longer," Ben says.

He still intends to leave for a couple of days and then come back to our little paradise here. But if he leaves, he won't make it back to me. He won't make it back anywhere.

Shielding my mind as hard as I can, I nod sadly at his statement.

Misinterpreting my sadness for simply missing him while he is away, he smiles sweetly, "I'll be back. It will only be a couple of days."

Oh, Ben, no. It will be forever and I can't let that happen.

In the refresher, I pull a special garment from my bag, having never worn it. The nightgown is a gift from Leia. What would Leia think of me now, using her gift to save her son's life?  For all I know, this is her plan.

The gown is made of the softest material I have ever felt. Pure white with tiny delicate white flowers sewn all around the edges, it cries out beauty. Sleeveless, it has skinny little straps to hold it onto my shoulders. Although the bodice and length are a modest cut, the bilateral splits up the side are not. This beautiful garment is the finest thing I have ever owned.

Slipping it over my head, it flows down my naked body like water. A new set of chills pop up on my skin, but not the kind caused by cold. Exactly the opposite, I feel powerful just putting it on. Is this what it's like to feel feminine?  I have only ever worn unisex clothing with coarse fabric and dull colors.

Looking at my reflection, I am taken aback. My lips no longer bluish in color, are pink and full. My cheeks are slightly flushed from the heat my body is generating. I take my hair down and run my fingers through it to loosen the buns. It falls to my shoulders in waves. My cheeks burn hotter when I notice the white fabric does little to hide the darker-toned flesh of my nipples.

The gown comes with a tiny matching pair of lower undergarments. I slip my legs in and draw the fabric up my thighs. The feel of the soft material sliding against my skin provokes thoughts of what I have planned for tonight. A shiver of anticipation streaks down my spine.

I have to save Ben no matter what. I made a promise to Leia. If this is what it takes, I will do it.

Stop lying to yourself. This isn't for Leia or even Ben. You would have done this sooner or later anyway. You want him so badly, you can already feel the moisture tainting your new undergarments. But more than that, you love him, dyad, or no dyad.

Admitting this to myself brings tears to my eyes. I love Ben Solo. The dark and the light of him is all mine.

****************************************

BEN

I make short work of building a warming fire, taking only a few minutes for the flames to rise to the top of the hearth. Although I'm beginning to warm up, I am eager to get my wet underclothes off, but not eager to leave. I will stay with Rey until the last possible second, then depart to Marjan 5. What I really want to do is crawl into the bed beside her and sleep holding her tightly against me like last night. The male parts of me want other things too, but my heart wants her to be happy most of all.

I know that technically, she is more experienced than I at physical intimacy, but it was a forced, traumatic event perpetrated by someone she thought she could trust. I would never let that happen with us. The episode of two days prior will not be repeated. With Rey's help, I have defeated that dark part of myself.

My heart rate speeds up thinking about what I plan to tell Rey before my departure. I have made the decision to leave the First Order, although I am not yet ready to fight against them unless provoked. I am willing to provide the Resistance with key intelligence to defeat them themselves, anonymously of course. I would be announcing my stepping down as Supreme Leader in the meeting at Marjan 5. Won't that make Hux happy? He is next in line as my successor, and more than happy to take over. His first official order will probably involve murdering me.

I plan to also tell Rey that I love her. This frightens me much more than any death sentence on my head. I am prepared for her not to reciprocate my feelings, and I am willing to accept it just to be near her.

I have accomplished everything I dreamed of. Becoming Supreme Leader and powerful with the dark side was my main ambition. Having people avert their eyes when I walked by for fear of me, excited that dark part of myself. These are old dreams belonging to Kylo Ren. But the light has broken him down and multiplied in me. The light side of the Force has controlling interest in me now and getting stronger every day.

Kylo Ren is still here, but will soon be relegated to being a bad memory. The guilt I feel for all my past sins is something I will have to face. As the light expands in me, so does remorse. I will take the good with the bad.

The door opens to the private room and Rey emerges like a vision of light.

******************************************

REY

My heart hammers in my chest as I walk toward Ben. He stands by the fireplace with his mouth hanging open and eyes wide. As I near him, his eyes trail down my body and back up, hesitating on my chest area. His mouth is still agape and I almost giggle, sobering quickly when his eyes come back to mine. The heat in them burning hotter than the raging fire beside us. A ripple of gooseflesh flows down my body in a wave similar to having a fever when you are sick. My teeth are threatening to chatter and my knees are beginning to shake in nervous anticipation.

Taking a deep breath, I place my hands against his chest and slowly run them down his torso. When I reach the hem of his shirt, I slip my hands underneath touching his bare flesh. His skin breaks out in the same gooseflesh as mine. Staring into his smoldering eyes, I grab the bottom of his shirt to pull it up, breaking eye contact only briefly when it comes over his head. Leaning in, I turn my head and place my ear against his chest, over his heart.  Beating fast and strong, the sound resonates through my soul. Pulling back, I place a lingering kiss against this area.

Taking two small steps back from Ben, I reach out my hand to him in invitation. With a tremble in my voice I say, "Don't leave. Stay with me tonight...please?"

Glancing at my outstretched hand, the intensity of his stare threatens to devour me. He takes a shuddering breath in and on exhale blinks very slowly. When he makes eye contact again, it is obvious he has made a decision.

Ben Solo will be going nowhere tonight and neither one of us will be the same come morning.

Author Note: Just a warning that the next chapter will have some very mature content, but I have done my best to present it in a way to show two people in love experiencing physical intimacy for the first time

Author Note: Just a warning that the next chapter will have some very mature content, but I have done my best to present it in a way to show two people in love experiencing physical intimacy for the first time. If reading anything like this bothers you, please just skip this chapter and move to the next.