Chapter 32

(Pic of Twins Sonogram^)

Nico's POV:

Time is slowly ticking by, Damir and I are doing better we've almost seamlessly fallen back into our normal routine except I had to contact the University and do a few make up tests and get ready for finals. My having gotten ahead during my stay in France saved me from losing out on this semester or being left behind. Due to the circumstances I had suffered I was exempt from having to sit in class the rest of these days other than to come in for mandatory testing. I'd be walking with the rest of the graduates in just two weeks time.

Damir and I had our first Dr's appointment where she checked my vitals, ran blood work and tests in the labs in regards to my health and pregnancy. She gave us our sonogram, I could see the twin's shapes much better now but they wouldn't comply in showing whether they are male or female. We're heading back for our follow up appointment in just a bit as soon as Damir arrives from work, he had a meeting early this morning that he couldn't delay.

Beep a text comes through, he's here. I make my way out to him sliding into the passenger seat I look over to see him smile at me. "How's your day going Kitten?" "Not too bad, but I'm itching to see if we can get a glance at these babies today and to find out the results of the labs that the Dr. ran on me, so lets go" He nods and carefully pulls out of parking.

I crave his touch, his company.. his warmth, but at the same time I can't help but second guess myself whether or not he's really at peace with having me back, whether he still has that nagging doubt that our babies are not his or many other random fears that pop up in the back of my head which feel like overwhelming shadows bringing my heart down. I snap out of it as we pull into the Dr's parking lot. "Come Nico, we've got 5 minutes to spare so were cutting it close." He says as he gets out coming round the car to open my door. It's a little harder to move around these days but still manageable.

Getting checked in we hear the nurse call my name and make our way into the room before taking our seats. The Dr doesn't take long to come in, I like how prompt she is.. my previous experiences have always been long waits. "Good Afternoon Nico and Damir, I'm glad to see you both have returned." She smiles happily before looking at her chart. "Well how about we take a look at your twins before continuing on with the rest?" I nod and smile at her "Yes please." She sets up the sonogram machine. 

I lay back exposing my full round tummy, "They're growing quickly at this stage." She says as she puts some warmed up gel on me then uses a paddle like thing to glide over my stomach, the image pops up on the screen both twins look a bit bigger, more defined. One flips over and the Dr snaps a screen shot, then the other baby turns a bit and the Dr takes another screen shot. It takes a while for her to get all the measurements.