Chapter 24

Nico's POV:

With the end of the semester came our finals which I aced, not that they were easy but I'm determined to get it done and get it done right. It was a bit more difficult since we were planning our fundraiser in such a short amount of time. Our whole club worked so hard but with our elbow grease and Anya's magnificent resources we pulled it off!

Day of the Masquerade

We had a team of volunteers from campus show up to help us set the ballroom up, Dolly and Erin tended to the Food and Music making sure helpers were keeping up the food and drink supply watching as guests came pouring in dressed in marvelous attire dressed in ball gowns with traditional mardi gras style masks and suits, others in character costumes mingling with one another from all walks of life.

Dr. Aylen, Anya and Ryu were the welcoming crew taking up the invitations and keeping track of who had shown up including a few of the Media who caught wind of our Fundraiser for the medical care and funding for underprivileged families in the Bay area.

I took turns on the stage introducing our sponsors Damir Altin who donated tonight's rewards for the costume challenge, Leo Castanho who whole heartedly provided this lovely location and Alessandro De Luca who's Construction company provides our local families living resources by building their homes and has sponsored the food and drinks for this event. Thanking them for their involvement in tonight's events.

As the night wore on many prominent people showed up providing donations that we kept a tally on display with the big screen highlighting their generosity, their companies and their names while they soaked up praises and drank, danced and took the time to meet new faces.

Towards the end of the night we flashed the spot lights on, turned down the Music and started our voting poll for the top 3 costume themes of the night. Everyone present had a number visibly attached to them and other's could vote on a slip of paper which they placed into a large glass container. Calling out the last chance to get the votes in for the night before granting our winners their prizes!

"Lovely ladies and gentlemen, we're glad you were able to join us this evening! It's been a pleasure hosting this event for the sake of helping out our community and the less fortunate so as you've enjoyed your evening you've also been a huge blessing on others." I stop and look around as our club members are standing on stage along side me, we clap and cheer for all our guests

"Please Take a moment to turn in your voting slips as the count down continues 3 Minutes left before we announce the lucky winners!" I continue before handing the mic to Anya "Everyone who has attended will be receiving a Thank you package, so No one will be going home empty handed" she says as the crowd cheers and whistles in delight.