Chapter 22

Nico's POV

Two weeks have passed and I'm finally settling into my new schedule, this semester Anya and I only share one class but thankfully I've got Ryu in all my classes though it feels a bit odd to know he's here studying alongside me while being my body guard. We walk together towards the library since it's crunch time for our first bundle of tests and who knows how hard they'll be with these Professors. I definitely can't afford to fail or it'll slow my progress down, can't risk throwing off my wedding.

"Hey Ryu what do you think of having to study these courses with me?" I ask looking up from my notes. "I don't mind at all, Damir is covering the cost of my classes and supplies and personally I've always excelled in my studies. Since you're almost done I get to learn new topics and enjoy life as a student once more." He smiles while tapping his pen gently.

We take the rest of the hour reading, taking notes and bouncing the practice questions back and forth until I get things right. I can't help but smile as we arrive back home, he walks me to the elevator wishing me a good night. Next day we spend our time taking our tests, my mind doesn't feel bogged down, I feel confident and breeze through each subject thanks to my tutor/body guard. Come Friday we get our scores and each one was marked excellent! Yes, this last stretch should go smoothly I hope.

"Nico, I've packed you a few snacks and breakfast is waiting on the table. I've got to head out early since Leo has requested a precious painting and a few other items that he needs secured for his high level private hotel pent houses." Damir explains while reaching for his suit case before taking his own lunch then kissing me quickly before heading to the door with toast in his mouth. "Thanks Babe!" I call out picking up my phone as I watch Damir head out.

Sighing while heading to the kitchen, another rushed morning. Time to tidy up and get ready for class, Ryu will be here soon. Today will be their first club meeting! So exciting to get started on new projects especially working with sprucing up a local orphanage.

Pic of Ryu^

Pic of Ryu^

The day flew by, finally Nico, Anya and Ryu along with the rest of the club meet up downtown at a sweet little Orphanage that doubles as a community center on one wing and provides medical assistance for other shifters in the city especially teens who've aged out of the system and need a helping hand. The staff are excellent and lead us to the area that needs painting and a few other touches since the building is a bit older and the funds they have go mainly towards feeding, clothing and medicating those in need.