Chapter 5

Nico's POV: (*Ben's Pic^)

Just as quickly as the weekend had arrived it departed leaving me to return to work Monday morning. As usual I did my morning gym routine, headed off to work after getting a breakfast sandwich made by the one and only Dolly. Arriving a few minutes early just the way I like to arrive, I meet up with Ben and hand him a breakfast sandwich as well that Dolly prepared for him. It's nice to give back once in a while since he's always taking care of me.

We talk about him for a bit, his ex-wife and him have a stable friendship going on so they split their time evenly to care for and watch over their daughter Nia who is 10 years old, he had her over the weekend this time and they had visited a couple museums as well as finally exploring Alcatraz together since she's big and brave and totally into spooky places. He on the other hand hated boats so he toughed it out and did it anyway just to keep his princess happy.

(Pic of Nia^)

(Pic of Nia^)

I laughed and congratulated him on surpassing his fear for a good cause, then I clocked in and took my schedule, greeted my other co-workers and headed down the road to my first place as usual on Mondays. "Good Morning Sophie! Long time no see, how are you?" I ask with a smile. She beams one back at me and fills me in on how she's been and how Leo isn't back yet, thats when I find out that they're siblings and that the next trip down to Brazil will be for her and her husband to touch base with family as well. I send my greetings for her brother and take the packages as I ride onto the next locations, if I make good time I can be done with this long shift before 6pm

Leaving my last location and heading back to touch base with Ben I'm met by a hostile Max, what on earth? I think to myself... How did he track me down? I never mentioned my full name nor anything to do with work. Seeing the puzzled look on my face he laughs and points to my keychain, it has my work logo on the charm. "A quick internet search with your work place, your first name and knowing what you look like was enough to pin you down. I really didn't appreciate you brushing me off like that with the old man at the mall" he says while spitting to the side.

"Look I don't know you. You and I have nothing going on so please move on Max." I hop back on my bike and start to speed away but he follows me in his car, I start to feel more than a little creeped out so I turn down a one way street going in the opposite direction so he can't follow and then I cut through an alleyway and make it back to my work building.

I thought I was home safe but he's standing there looking angry by the entrance. I try to walk past him but he blocks me with his hands outstretched "I just want to talk Nico, can't you fucken understand that I want a tiny bit of your time!?" By now he's pacing and running his hands through his hair, I'm feeling scared so I push my emergency message on the work phone for Ben to come help. He's out in a matter of seconds eyeing up Max and placing his body between us guiding me back into the building safely. Max is pounding on the glass wall with his fists looking furious but the police arrive promptly and Ben explains whats happening, they handcuff Max and put him in the back of the squad. They ask if I'd like to place charges which I do and request for them to add a restraining order so the can't come near me at all. They fill out all the paperwork and take their leave.