Chapter 2

Nico's POV:

I finish wrapping up with Ben at work as he sets the new schedule for tomorrow, looking out front and my bike has been delivered for me. It's kind of nice for a change to have something brought for me even if it's just my bike. Chuckling to myself as I walk about the building, I almost forgot that Dolly left me a list of items to bring home from the store. My phone starts to vibrate in my pocket, I look at it and it's my other Manager, Maria from my part time job.

"Hello Maria" "Hi Nico, would you be able to come in today? I'm short one staff member, she called in sick last minute and we'll be having our evening rush hour soon." She pleads. "Sure, as a matter of fact I just finished up at the delivery service so if you give me a few minutes I can ride over and start ASAP, no worries." 

"Thanks Nico, see you soon!" I spent the rest of the evening prepping food then manning the register and finally helping Maria tidy up so she could close the shop since it was 9pm.

(Pic of Maria^)

(Pic of Maria^)

"Here Nico take these, it's just a couple sandwiches and some soup from today. It's warm right now and you can reheat it later so you don't have to rush or order out while at home." "I snuck in a couple chocolate chip cookies and a container of fresh fruit salad for Dolly as well, so don't eat her cookies." She smiled fondly at me and gave me a a hug. "Thank you Maria, I'll see you tomorrow around 5pm."

Rushing home I came into my dark apartment so I guess Dolly isn't home since she's not usually in bed before 10pm so I shoot her a text message letting her know I'm home and have food with me. I also tell her I'll stop by the store tomorrow since I didn't make it there today, she lets me know she's on her way home and she'll stop and get some milk and eggs for us so there's no rush to get food tomorrow with all that Maria gave us. I sit down at my laptop and start doing my online classwork, I have a couple papers due by the end of the week.

Dolly's POV:

Walking around Erin's apartment picking up my home work and study materials "Honey-bear, I need to get going. I have to make a quick stop by the corner store to pick up a couple of things and it's already late." Standing back up zipping my back pack and walking towards the door, warm slender arms wrap around me from behind as Erin hugs me tight. I turn to face her and hold her tightly leaning my head on her shoulder I can't help but purr a little, feeling safe and loved.

(Pic of Erin^)

(Pic of Erin^)

"I'll come with you Kitten, I was thinking of getting something anyways since I'm out of gum and energy drinks." We walk out holding hands as she locks the door behind us, it's dark and cold outside but everything is well lit with the street lights, there's always someone walking around. Keeping to ourselves laughing about our day, "Finally caught up on all my homework, I have no idea how you skip so much of it and still get A's and B's on all our tests, quizzes and finals!"

Erin just laughs "I pay attention in class and I read through everything. I just hate writing so I don't turn in homework, it's such a pain in the ass, who's got time for that? I rather spend my evenings with you and even that's a challenge too with all the band practice we've been having." We walk into the store get what we need and head back out "Do you want me to walk you home Dolly?"

"No, it's late and I don't want you being out here even later if you come over right now and then have to walk back home alone, I'll see you tomorrow morning. I'll come by for you and we can catch the bus to school together." Erin nods and kisses me goodnight, I pull her back as she's about to step away, kissing her gently wrapping my arms around her neck lingering a bit longer. "Goodnight Erin" taking my bag I wave and head home, making sure to call Erin as soon as I'm in the door to let her know I'm home and make sure she's safe as well.

First thing in the morning I prep breakfast burritos and head out the door wishing Nico a great day as I run a few blocks to Erin's place, we've got some extra time to hang out since I'm early. Her mom opens the door as I arrive "Good Morning Ms. Oscuro, are you heading out to work?" "Good morning Dolly, I sure am since I'm trying to beat the morning traffic. I've got a big case that I'll be taking to court so I can't run late, see you later sweetie have a nice day"

(Pic of Ms. Oscuro^)

I close the door behind me as I call out for Erin, she walks out in a towel. "Hi Kitten" as she kisses me on the lips pulling me over to her as we walk back into her room, I sit on her bed as she heads to her closet picking out her clothes and getting dressed. I can't help but blush as she stands there in her undies and bra, she turns and laughs bringing her clothes over kissing me on the forehead. 

"Glad that you like what you see kitten." I notice she has a new tattoo just under her left breast so I trace it with my finger "In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities." a quote I once told her by Janos Arany. "Do you think I should wear the red top or the purple?" "Purple." I say biting my nail, I Love how she looks in purple with her matching lipstick and winged eyeliner. 

I hand her my burrito and she cuts it in half to share for the both of us then pulls me onto her lap as we enjoy breakfast cuddling together. Stroking my short hair as she kisses my lips tasting me slowly, tracing under my ear as she licks down my neck. I straddle her pressing our bodies together and stare deep into her eyes loving the way her eyes dilate before she pulls me back even closer holding my face as she gently kisses the tip of my nose, we close our eyes and take a couple steadying breaths before heading out to school. Even that is a great part of my day since we have most of our classes together. 

We walk into school and I almost bump into someone, thankfully Erin wraps her arm around my waist and pulls me to her. Getting our things from the locker and heading to class I notice she has so many friends and even some fans who flock around her since she plays guitar and is the lead singer in her band. 

I'm not one to talk to many people but I love that my girlfriend is so popular and is still completely dedicated to me. I guess what they say is true, Opposites do attract, I think to myself as I rub my fingers over the soft black leather choker she gave me engraved with her name inside the heart locket and Kitten written on the front.