Chapter 16

Nico's POV:

The next couple of weeks flew by in a blur while a team of people including Mom, Anya and I managed the details of planning, shopping, and sending out invitations to business partners, connections, high profile people and friends. We hand delivered a few select invitations to Leo/Sophie, Maria, Ben, Ms. Oscuro, Erin and Dolly since they're my V.I.P.'s

Well we've finally reached our day and I'm a bundle of nerves, Mom is helping me get ready while Dad is keeping Damir company through out the day. I know it's just the engagement announcement and celebration but it feels like a trial run of our wedding day for me. Having the event at Leo's hotel has helped so much, I wanted a light and airy family friendly engagement where we could all mingle, dance and have an early dinner.

"Nicholas, it's almost time.. We've got less than an hour left, come on and take your shower" mom says while pulling me into the bathroom. It's been ages since she's fussed over me like this probably since I was under the age of 10, I chuckle as she points out that I'm almost out of time again. Now decked out in white suite pants, pink vest and blazer with a white button up shirt, floral tie with matching handkerchief, hair perfectly styled to the side, paired with matching leather belt and shoes.

"My darling you look beautiful. Well always, but exceptionally handsome today!" Mom kisses my cheek before darting out of the room to make sure it's clear to make our way down the hallway. She's adamant about Damir not seeing me until we reach the ballroom. We make our way down and I peak out seeing that the room is about half full, Damir is standing there welcoming everyone with such a bright smile looking fabulous in his dark pinstripe suite with sandy rose tie and handkerchief matching my attire.

Dad and Mom come to meet me as they open up the double doors walking on either side of me as dad squeezes my hand and guides me to Damir's side. I kiss mom and dad's cheeks as they make their way to mingle with others, my love takes my hand in his kissing it then handing me a flute for me to sip from as he places his hand on my lower back guiding me around the room introducing me to all our guests. About an hour later everyone seems to have arrived so we take our places at the center of the room where Damir introduces me, I feel flushed and so nervous and excited.

After his speech detailing his love for me, our blessings and experiences together and even a couple of jokes about himself the room breaks into applause but he beams a smile at everyone then looks directly at me holding my left hand he gets on one knee bringing out a velvety box which he opens displaying the most beautiful ring that some how matches my choker.

"Somewhere there waiteth in this world of ours