Chapter 10

Nico's POV:   **(Nico's suit on the top right, Damir's suit on the bottom left)

"Nico do you want me to prepare you your regular dinner order?" I hear Maria asking as I come out of the back now that I'm back in my regular clothes, I clock out "No, not today Maria. I'm meeting up with Damir in a little bit and Dolly will be staying over at Erin's until late tonight so dinner is taken care of. I'd like to get an order of your cookies and a mini Tres Leches cake to go though." I smile at her since she knows thats my weakness.

I wait for my order as she boxes it all up nicely, my heart swells as I see she even added a beautiful blue bow to the box since I'll be bringing it to Damir. "Can I leave my bike in the back room tonight? He should be here any minute now, I'll come by for it early tomorrow if you don't mind?" I say sheepishly "Of course Mijo! You know I'm here by 4:30am to start my fresh bread and baking. I'll make you some hot chocolate as well so come have breakfast with me before you head off to work" she hugs me tightly, kissing my forehead.

Ding the front door opens and Damir comes in, I reach out grabbing his hand and introduce him to Maria, she takes the opportunity to hug him tight and welcome him. "Please feel free to come by anytime Damir. I hope you'll like the treats I've packed for you and Nico. Next time I'll have a meal ready for you! Not even a fancy restaurant can match our home cooking." She says proudly ushering us out the door since I'm pressed for time.

Damir opens the door for me as I slide in carefully with the boxes on my lap, he comes over to the other side chuckling and clicks my seatbelt in place before we head off. "I like this Maria of yours, she feels warm and genuine, plus her shop smells delicious." He looks over at me with a big smile on his face. "So are you ready? I'll be getting my suit as well though I get mine made and tailored at the shop often so mine is ready. I've found a slightly lighter one that I think will look great on you so I think they'll just need to tailor it a little to your frame."

I nod my head feeling a little nervous since I haven't had to wear a suit since I was a child, I've gotten away with casual wear since I struck out on my own, I hope I do Damir justice.

We arrive at the shop and are welcomed like old friends, Damir gets his suit and heads to the changing room to try it on, I stand on a little platform in front of several mirrors as they take in my measurements after trying on the grey suit, it looks good to begin with but I can see how they'll make it fit me to a T.

Wrapping up we head out to dinner at a local Cuban restaurant, casual and delicious we talk about ourselves and I basically listen to him telling me about Russia where he was born and raised, about all the places he's travelled to doing business and about the plans he has with his business here in the States. I love how he's opening up to me, he doesn't hold back or make me feel lesser than himself. 

Leaving the restaurant we head to the pier and take a stroll around, it's chilly enough that our desserts are safe in the trunk of the car for now. I love the salty smell, the sound of the sea lions and sounds of the gulls over head. We hold hands as we walk and he wraps his arms around me as he snuggles his chin into my neck as we watch the street performers before heading back to the car and over to his flat.

He makes us a couple mugs of coffee as we sit and eat our cake and cookies. Our plan is to take  the girls out for dinner after the graduation, he surprises me with an idea of a gift he wants to get Dolly. "I've been thinking of what she could use that would help her a lot but not be too overwhelming, what do you think if we gift her a scooter?" I gasp "A scooter? I'd never really thought of that, usually I take her in my car when she needs rides but we don't use it often since I'm usually on my bike."